the christmas my life changed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
you'll struggle to find someone who moved from london to yorkshire and regretted it. :wacko:
S'true, Bonjmeister. I moved from Laaaahhhhndan to Northumberlahumberland and I've never been happier* The north is where it's at :angry:

*except for that night when I was 18 :biggrin:xx(

OP
OP
D

dangerousjules

Veteran
i'm gonna live in harrogate and commute to leeds on me bike...i drove my route to work on sunday, it's a bit hilly! remind me not to go up pool bank!

Globalti

Legendary Member
The rest of your life starts here! Congrats on having the courage to make the most positive move ever. Your quality of life is about to improve dramatically, but you'll be needing to buy a mountain bike as you'll be surrounded by great trails. From Harrogate you're in easy reach of the Dales and some of the best off road riding in the world. No exaggeration. You'll also be in reach of Calderdale, home of Singletrack magazine and the North York Moors for some more superb riding.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
alecstilleyedye said:
grim up north? my arse. yorkshire folk are a great bunch and we even have indoor lavvies these days! you'll not regret it, although you might find yorkshire a bit hillier than you're used to down there.
Rigid Raider said:
The rest of your life starts here! Congrats on having the courage to make the most positive move ever. Your quality of life is about to improve dramatically, but you'll be needing to buy a mountain bike as you'll be surrounded by great trails. From Harrogate you're in easy reach of the Dales and some of the best off road riding in the world. No exaggeration. You'll also be in reach of Calderdale, home of Singletrack magazine and the North York Moors for some more superb riding.
Tetedelacourse said:
I'd like to live in Yorkshire.

hebden_bridge_hills.jpg

Nowt here of interest... :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, good luck! I made the life changing move up here from Leicester, to come to Uni, 8 years ago, and never regretted it.

You have moved to a hilly bit, but you'll probably like that. I like my bit - as Mickle says, it's pretty flat...

Who needs London. In Leeds you have the big city (including Harvey Nicks? I think, and Opera North?), in Bradford you have multiculturalism and the best curries, in Harrogate you have genteel posh, like Bettys Tearoom, and in York you have history (and two more branches of Bettys!). All joined together with lovely countryside. Who could ask for more?

Tetedelacourse

plus you get to eat Yorkshire Fat Bastards, call the vet by his full title and help solve crimes with't local bobby to a soundtrack of '60's hits.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tetedelacourse said:
plus you get to eat Yorkshire Fat Bastards, call the vet by his full title and help solve crimes with't local bobby to a soundtrack of '60's hits.

:evil: I don't watch Heartbeat, it clashes with Top Gear, but I live in hope of catching the episode they filmed down my street earlier this year - it was a car chase, very exciting!

Bokonon

Über Member
dangerousjules said:
i'm gonna live in harrogate and commute to leeds on me bike...i drove my route to work on sunday, it's a bit hilly! remind me not to go up pool bank!

Go up Old Pool Bank instead :evil:

Compared to the surrounding areas, between Harrogate and Leeds is reasonably flat. Once you've been doing it for a couple of weeks you'll hardly notice. Next time you go back down south you'll wonder where all the hills have gone (happened to me after accidentally moving to Yorkshire 4 years ago.)

dangerousjules said:

your mad mate harrogate to leeds 17.5 miles of hell and thats the fastest route A61 all the way.

good luck mate if you do come to york and ill get you a beer just for doing that commute.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Jules, I know some nice back roads between Harrogate and Leeds. It might take you twice as long but it's very pretty and very quiet. Let me know if you need the route...

You'll be fine....I still prefer London but I'd miss the Dales and being able to say thank you to the bus driver ;)

Top Bottom