The Christmas present you always wanted, but never got

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Talking of trains...

Paddy goes for a job as a signalman. He's taken up to the signal box and the display board and controls are explained as he nods with understanding.

"Right" says the examiner, "now I'm going to test you." He points at the board and says "What would you do if there was a train coming along there and one in the siding there?"

Paddy says "No problem. I'd pull dat lever dare and press dat button"

"Good" says the examiner. "Now what if you had two trains there and there and one in the station there?"

"No problem" says Paddy. "I'd pull dose two levers and push dat button and flick dat switch dare."

"Excellent" says the examiner. "Now your final test. What would you do if you had two trains coming along there and there, an express train coming along there and two stationary trains there and there?"

Paddy thinks for a minute and says "I know, I'd phone me bruder Mick."

"Why" asks the examiner, "is Mick a signalman?"

"No no" replies Paddy, "but I'm pretty sure he's never seen a train crash!"

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I never really desperately wanted anything except a ZX Spectrum, and I got that.

(what really swung it for the old man was that you could get a chess program for it)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
The Velvet Curtain said:
Where do I sign up?

Actually if someone was to buy me one of these 'experience' days I think I'd like to go for a session at a falconry centre and learn how to fly birds of prey.

We can't remember. Try googling Digger Driving experience. Mine was in Hampshire.

col

Legendary Member
I got the flying scotsman set three years ago for christmas,i was going to build a train set up in the attic,its still full of junk,but maybe one day......

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Sittingduck said:
Mr Frosty & Tin Can Alley

My sister had a Mr Frosty and it was the most disgusting thing ever. You didn't miss anything. Crushed ice and food colouring anyonexx(

peanut

The Velvet Curtain said:
Where do I sign up?

Actually if someone was to buy me one of these 'experience' days I think I'd like to go for a session at a falconry centre and learn how to fly birds of prey.
Bought my ex a weekend at the New Forest sanctuary at Ringwood. Amazing experience but she never took it up

Scalextrics, always wanted but never got but I did have years of fun from Hot Wheels track and a Hornby railset so I wasn't too bitter.

Begged them year after year for a Raleigh Chopper and when I eventually got one I had to share it with my brother! :thumbsup:

I came home from school one holiday to discover that it had been resprayed and decorated with Wombles stickers. :smile:xx(!

Top Bottom