The cold weather starting the bite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
Now the cold weather is with us, how many suffer with the cold. I have real problems with my fingers. the doctor think's it's raynaud, (unconfirmed as yet, waiting for blood tests)
Its getting difficult to ride the bike as I have to wear about 3 pair of gloves just to keep my hands warm, so operating brakes/gears can be tricky.
Takes me about 20 minutes to get them warm again
this was my fingers this morning after a short ride on the bike.
fingers.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My Mrs bought some heated gloves by these people...

http://www.alago.co.uk/

Dave7

Legendary Member
I also have Raynauds as does my daughter. Hers is in her toes and she has been warned that if it gets too bad they have to amputate toes (lack of circulation = gangrene:eek:).
I understand that symptons vary from person to person. With me the main problem is fingers on right hand with the middle one going totally white.....scares me TBH.

Muguruki

My fingers are fine but yeah I really feel it on my toes, nothing to do with raynauds myself just a fair weather cyclist I guess; and my left is always worse than the right. 2 pairs of socks, overshoes and a bit of tiger balm on my toes still doesn't help. I'm struggling to do more than 30 miles at a go now. Just a shame the turbo is so boring!

OP
OP
paul04

paul04

Über Member
I will have a look out for some heated gloves, and see if they work, if not it might have to be a turbo trainer.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I don't mind the cold. It is the cold rain that I really hate. I put up with it but I never relish a ride in rain if the temperature is sub 4 degrees.

Top Bottom