The Cyclist's Walk? Please Explain!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Ok, can someone please enlighten me on what constitutes a "cyclist's walk"?

Just wondering, because I have come across it a few times now, like Tim Moore being told in "French Revolutions" that he didn't even walk like a cyclist, my friend being told she was starting to walk like a cyclist and a few other comments along the same lines...

How on earth do cyclists walk compared to non-cyclists???? (And I don't mean the cleat-induced hobble!)

I think it's to do with the over-developed thigh muscles. Same as the way some cowboys used to walk around as though there was still a horse between their legs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I remember as a kid, my dad who was an Obstetrician, telling me he could tell by the way a woman walked if she'd had children or not.

I've spent the rest of my life trying to work out how he could tell.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Rigid Raider said:
I remember as a kid, my dad who was an Obstetrician, telling me he could tell by the way a woman walked if she'd had children or not.

I've spent the rest of my life trying to work out how he could tell.
Gynaecologists/Obstetricians... the only people who can decorate their hallway through the letterbox! :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You can always tell a cyclist if you are walking behind them. They automatically twist one foot to unclip from the pavement before they come to a stop.

bobg

Über Member
Does it depend on the quality of you're equipment?:sad: Or maybe its a close relative of pram pushers bottom....

Top Bottom