the dangers of bike fettling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Second hand bike! At least he could have bought a new one with his over half a million quid :smile:.

Shaun

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Second hand bike! At least he could have bought a new one with his over half a million quid :smile:.

Shaun
Well yes possibly maybe almost certainly but i reckon he should be totally let off for his simple delight in creating a new bike from a load of bits. In the grand sum of human misdeeds he is pretty much a saint. Derserves a statue, particularly in the poison of post brexit britain. (Not a comment against brexiters i stress).

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
His kids must love their old bikes. Those rare occasions of getting a new bike out of my dad were ones of the most exciting and anticipated moments of my young life.

I kind of see his logic vs the debts too TBH, don't condone it but can see how the thought process went, the council won't be sending round Big Dave with a sock full of wet sand or cutting my electricity off.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along

And the famous and Mrs Merton question: if you hadn't spent all that time running round playing football, would you have been so thirsty?

Edit: quote in a quote of Tim's George Best ism didn't show up.

Top Bottom