The downside of posting on Youtube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's only Gaz...I don't think he meant you...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Don't feel even slightly bad about blocking and deleting comments. Life is too important to waste any of it on some of the very ignorant you get on youtube.

I've done that already BM with a work colleague thinking he is funny...deleted his comments and blocked him...It's great fun....

Ooops didn't see the other comments.....sorry

BentMikey said:
Don't feel even slightly bad about blocking and deleting comments. Life is too important to waste any of it on some of the very ignorant you get on youtube.

Unfortunately these comments mirror the fact that some people think cars have a god given right to use the road and no other road users have...

gavintc

Guru
I work with a complete and utter nutter. We have discussed cycling and my commuting on a number of occasions. He genuinely believes that the roads are for cars and trucks and like in the jungle, there is a need to respect size. Needless to say, he is American. He thinks cyclists are liberals and therefore fair game to be taken out by cars and trucks. I am continually amazed by his comments. I cycled past a dead man this morning who had been hit by an American on his way to work. He was on a scooter and I wondered what the events leading to the accident were. There was no obvious clue, just a man laid out, with considerable blood and a very broken scooter. It made me quite sad. There really are some very ignorant people out there.

thomas

the tank engine
hackbike 666 said:
Unfortunately these comments mirror the fact that some people think cars have a god given right to use the road and no other road users have...

I'm willing to bet that most of the comments come from people who either, cannot drive...or drive some piece of rubbish that probably is worth less than most people's bike ;)

I couldn't really give a toss about rude comments.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
gavintc said:
I work with a complete and utter nutter. We have discussed cycling and my commuting on a number of occasions. He genuinely believes that the roads are for cars and trucks and like in the jungle, there is a need to respect size. Needless to say, he is American. He thinks cyclists are liberals and therefore fair game to be taken out by cars and trucks. I am continually amazed by his comments. I cycled past a dead man this morning who had been hit by an American on his way to work. He was on a scooter and I wondered what the events leading to the accident were. There was no obvious clue, just a man laid out, with considerable blood and a very broken scooter. It made me quite sad. There really are some very ignorant people out there.

;) - Its not just ignorance, its the totally uncaring attitude that is all too often very apparent.

I work with someone a bit like that...Also another bloke who has been working here almost fifty years tells me how he remembers in 1962 how there were about five cars in the car park and the bike stand was stacked with bikes....happy days.

So far I haven't had any troll on my youtube channel (I've had the account just over 2 years) I've had the one or two comments from other individuals but nothing controversial; I guess my vids are too boring.

To tell the truth though if I did get a troll I wouldn't bother wasting time on them I'd just block and delete.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Gandalf said:
I'm very new to the helmetcam mularkey, but I've just added another couple. Goodness me the comments you have to endure... they are out there aren't they?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcWyhZDK2A

If you so wish just delete the ignorant fools comments. Going by what he'd written he'd fail his test miserably. You have great control with youtube over your video and profile comments.

His profile says he's Stateside so why he's leaving "advice" on UK roads is a bit beyond me.

Top Bottom