The Dragon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dbg

me

groucho

I was there on the short route! It was tough enough especially the hill at Blackmill that spoiled my 20K sprint for the line.

Great day out and no degreaser to eat!

dbg

£26 and nowt but banana's at the feed stops - blooming poor show, everything else was good though :biggrin: Well apart from the soddin great queue at the start.

little miss

Congratulations to all.

I did the shorter route - albeit in the comfort of my car :biggrin: - and it certainly looked like a very tough challenge.

You should all be very proud of yourselves.

Well done!
smiley32.gif
Da iawn!

OP
OP
Lardyboy

Lardyboy

dbg said:
£26 and nowt but banana's at the feed stops - blooming poor show, everything else was good though :smile: Well apart from the soddin great queue at the start.

We had a selection of tarts and cakes when we went through dbg. I think we left enough when we left.;)

And the queue went on for miles. I had to have a p*** in a field before we'd passed the start we'd waited for so long! :tongue:

But the rest of the day went well, though I did have a "crisis of confidence" moment about halfway up "Bwlch 2" cursing that I should of put a 26 not a 25 on the cassette.

jashburnham

First ever Dragon ride and I loved it. Did the 75 mile route in 4:17, the 17 was spent at feed stations so I'm very chuffed with 4 hours. I only used the stops for water, prefer to carry my own food and indeed electrolyte/carb powder to add to my bottles. My 2 training buddies and I managed to stick together the whole way round as well, although we could never find a group moving at a pace to suit us. I'm sure finding a good fast group would cut the time down further but overall very happy with the day, yes the queue at the start was long but not unbearable and there was plenty of banter with fellow riders!

515mm

Crisis of confidence Lards?

You went past me quick enough!

Bwlch2 was the hardest physical thing I've done in my life. A very close second was the final 20k when I realised that I could be on for a sub 5hr time and hammered myself into the ground only to record 5:01:21.;)

"Put a fork in me boys, I'm done"

Special mention must go to Little Miss who provided hugs of encouragement at the feed stations.:ohmy:

Chapeau! to all who took part.

3000 cyclists all in one place? See you all next year!

yello

Congratulations to all that did it. There's a real sense of achievement about completing a ride like this, regardless of the time taken.

dbg said:
Well apart from the soddin great queue at the start.

I did it a few years ago when it wasn't quite so popular but still found it too much for me. I've not bothered again... but that's not meant as a criticism of the event itself.

Top Bottom