The Du Pont Bradley Curve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Mrs Ena Wentworth

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Is it related to the Swiss Cheese Model ?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A long time ago in the early 90s I worked for Courtaulds for a brief period of time. Top brass brought in DuPont Consulting to improve Courtaulds poor safety record.

It was just before the DuPont Bradley curve but I can still remember the pain and suffering of the DuPont safety audits we were forced to carry out on the vending machines for example (risk of spills causing slip hazard, risk of the bloody thing toppling over when you kicked it when it wouldn't dispense......). Terrible times and I don't think Courtauld's poor record of serious injuries at work improved one jot following us screwing the vending machines to the wall

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The most effective elf'n'safety briefing I ever had was on a construction site in London. Our contact just said "go in there and look at the pictures" as he showed us to the door of a shabby Portakabin.

A post-mortem skull X ray of someone who was five storeys below the man who kicked a brick off the scaffolding because no one had bothered with toe boards.

A photo of somebody's face after the un-guarded blade of their angle grinder shattered.

Etc.

It made a lasting impression, unlike the corporate guff.

Top Bottom