The end of hand me down mobile phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
My brother has an old skool carphone fitted in the centre console of his X reg Alpina. Don't think he's ever used it as he didn't have the car from new :laugh:

There's one of those in a cupboard somewhere at home, a Motorola IIRC. My dad had it in his lorry many years ago.

I wish I could find an Alpina to go with it!

tyred

Legendary Member
I have to admit for most people the phone call side of phones ( A bit ironic ! ) is not what phones are used for by most people. My lad has a S23 Ultra and I have to admit the camera (for a phone camera) is very good and has the advantage that's it's always with you ( one of my many Hobbies is photography) He offered me his S21 but it is just too big and would have been an overkill for my purpose and I most likely would have killed it, I also realize my outlook on life is very different to what most people want, all I need is emergency/semi emergency contact with people I consider as close friends and family members.

I use my phone to surf the internet, read a magazine I subscribe to or to look at maps. I don't phone people very often or don't generally be in touch with that many people but if I do message or call someone, it will probably be using Facebook messenger or Whatsapp.

I think the last time I made an a traditional phone call was to my dentist to book an appointment a few weeks ago.

vickster

Legendary Member
There's one of those in a cupboard somewhere at home, a Motorola IIRC. My dad had it in his lorry many years ago.

I wish I could find an Alpina to go with it!

My brother’s will likely be for sale soon thanks to ULEZ :sad:

Top Bottom