The Exploding Lidl Track Pump !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimano

'If anyone ever sees me in a Lidl please excecute me.'
Lidl and Aldi do a great job in providing an alternative to the 'usual suspects' supermarkets. As long as you use your common sense and are aware that quality is rarely cheap (ie you gets what you pays for) then there are bargains to be had ( not at 100 psi though...)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
mickle said:
Ok. i stand corrected.

If anyone ever sees me buying cycling gear in a supermarket please execute me.

Lidl is a bit of a hellhole in many ways, but strangely it remains a very good place to buy Parmesan cheese. I was there two days ago and also picked up a frozen octopus, a packet of velvet swimming crabs, a few bottles of their excellent Perlenbacher Pils and a load of prosecco in brilliant small tins for the beach. I had one of their track pumps too, and, yes, it exploded.

wafflycat said:
Heh... been using a Lidl track pump for a couple of years to inflate tubs on Zipp wheels to high pressure without hassle!

That's cos you have one of the older ones that screw together (and can be serviced). I have one that's about 7 - 8 years old still going strong (just replaced the hose as our son insists on pulling it too tight when stowing the connector in the clip at the top of the pump, causing the hose to crack/tear). Also have one that's only a couple of years old with the guage that shows lbs per inch, both cost under a fiver whereas the latest one (that's 'glued' together) was about twice that. I run the tyres on the tourer at 90 lbs and the only problem is getting the last few pounds in (I only weigh 8 1/2 - 9 stone :o).

Top Bottom