The fairy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, not the dastardly p*nct*re fairy! The tooth fairy. It seems it will be visiting our house tonight as my oldest has just lost his first baby tooth! (he's only turned 5!!).

So what is the going rate in teeth, these days!? :biggrin:

fiver.jpg

Blimey, your toothfairy must be flush! Ours pays up a quid, but only if the tooth in question is carefully placed in an envelope with a polite note on it. Manners cost nothing, doncha know ;)

On one occasion the eldest cub did get more - but that was when we were away on holibobs staying with some (child-free) friends in Hertfordshire. Apparently their tooth fairy was so excited by the unaccustomed business that he paid up a fiver, and left a note to say thank you. But that was different, because it was a wealthy southern tooth fairy, not a skinflint Yorkshire one.

(multiply the number of baby teeth by 5 and by the number of babies - does your tooth fairy really want to create that expectation?)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hmm. A fiver a tooth. So that is 20x5=£100. Oh and then there are the other two kids as well, making that £300, just for teeth. Hmm. Unfortunately I may have to be a stereotypical Scotsman! :dry::biggrin:

Hmm. A fiver a tooth. So that is 20x5=£100. Oh and then there are the other two kids as well, making that £300, just for teeth. Hmm. Unfortunately I may have to be a stereotypical Scotsman! :dry::biggrin:

See I knew you'd conform to stereotype, I was just trying to break you out the mould.

lazyfatgit

our tooth fairy pays £1

in the past it has also paid out $2

in years gone bye 50p was enough.

theres a slippery slope here. £5 tooth fairy probably means you'll need to bye him a car for his 10th birthday.

Keep it real!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We went with the £1 and always a note from the fairy ... and when they are old enough they can start writing to their fairy .... (each child has a separate tooth fairy complete with name), though as they get older the fairies seem to be becoming a little slacker about paying up promptly ... mind you the notes the fairy gets its understandable.... one of my even texted me!!! demanding I got the tooth fairy to pay up - didn't work - they had to write a much more grovelling note apologising for being so rude
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom