The Fell, Clitheroe.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
I haven't heard anything

Sure they aren't just moving?
For they have of course moved before.
A very impressive place for sure, if not quite my sort of cycling these days.
Would be sad if it did close.
Will follow thread with interest.

Nibor

Bewildered
It's true just seen this on FB

▪️Store announcement - 'The Fell' closure.
We have spent the past five years providing the best service we can to our customers with the support of some great brands and a great team, so it is with great sadness we wish to let you know we have elected to close our store at The Fell in Clitheroe.
We would like to thank all of our customers for their support over this time, it’s been a pleasure to serve you. Retail stores are facing very significant pressures with the costs of running a store making it extremely challenging to compete with pure online retailers. The change in business strategy will help Beacon move purely online and fund the development of new models with UK manufacturing being our focus.
We will be launching a brief closing down sale where all of our stock and fittings will be sold at cost prices so if you are after a bargain please come and see us. It will be first come first serve so we would suggest getting in to see us over the next week. We are working to finish off all service work so if you have a bike with us please give us a call and arrange to collect it. Anyone with any store vouchers should please come and redeem them before 31st March.
Best regards
Darrin and the Team

Adam4868

Guru
That's a shame,it's cutthroat I guess trying to compete with online buisness.Still got a onix bike which I think was before they became beacon.

Nibor

Bewildered
They still have the Green Jersey in Clitheroe which is a nice shop I wonder if it will affect the Ribble Valley sportive as that ran from their shop?

Sorry nibor, you saying Green Jersey is the same outfit?

I think maybe the Green Jersey is feeling the pinch as well - I don't think they sell bikes any more.

Yes it is a nice place - not my sort of cycling these days but I wish them well.

D

Deleted member 26715

There was something on the radio the other day where an owner of a bike shop spent nearly an hour with what he thought was a potential customer, got the bike out set it up for him, let him have a test ride came to the big question "Do you want it?" only to get the reply "Only if you'll price match what I can get online" he says he nearly threw the bloke out of the shop

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Green Jersey is a rival shop and yes, they stopped selling bikes a few months ago to concentrate on servicing and a few accessories. Somehow I doubt they will survive much longer. The problem was that they couldn't get any brands beyond Ridley.

The Fell was selling so few bikes it's amazing they survived as long as they did. Some naughty folk suggested the shop was just a vanity project for the owner.

Top Bottom