The Finishing line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Does anybody remember this old British public information film about the dangers of messing around on railway lines. It's pretty horrific to watch and is quite hard hitting. It's on YouTube if you care to look. It's a very strange way of getting the message over and seems somewhat warped by today's standards.:-)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Have you been watching that 125 documentary by any chance?

The one I remember was one I watched at the Railway Museum in York, which ends with the kid in a wheelchair after being hit by the train. Scared the crap out of me it did.

gavgav

Guru
If the message hits home about not trespassing on railway lines, then as hard hitting as possible should be used, for me.

I am good friends with a train driver, who had a very horrific experience of this very thing and have seen the effects it has had on him and his life.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes I remember that one. There was also one about a couple of boys who hopped a fence to a power station to retrieve their football. The boy put threw the ball and then put his hand on one of the electrical giblets, much frying and sparks followed. That put me off electricity for good!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Oh yeah. I don't even have an e-bike anymore!

U

User33236

Don't remember it at all but looked it up on youtube. Found what I think must be the full 20 minute or so version.

I agree the kids acting is excellent but, sorry, am I the only person that finds the whole thing funny?

gbb

Legendary Member
Don't remember it at all but looked it up on youtube. Found what I think must be the full 20 minute or so version.

I agree the kids acting is excellent but, sorry, am I the only person that finds the whole thing funny?
It had an almost Clockwork Orange feel about it, outlandish but almost 'normal' at the same time, like it was nothing unusual.

I don't remember it but do remember there were some hard hitting 'adverts' at that time.

Top Bottom