The first sign of Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IncoherentJeff

Noticed the Christmas chocolate isle had appeared in my local large Tesco at the start of September! Shouldn't be allowed until after Bon Fire night or Halloween at least!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I bloomin' hate Christmas, it's a very hard time for me, and find it very depressing that it now begins at the beginning of September. I have 4 months of 'ho ho ho'. A third of a year of it.

I too think that Crimbo stuff shouldn't be out until after bonfire night. Actually the whole rush rush rush of the supermarkets pushing the year round early really irritates me. Easter eggs in January, as well as the push for valentines as soon as Crimbo is over. Then again, the back to school stuff is in the shops before the poor kids have even broken up.

We have avoided the 'seasonal' aisle.

swmbo got a fantastic Stollen recipe from our German tutor, but by the time its been made it costs around three times that of the shop bought, mind you it does involve pouring a pound of melted butter over the finished bake, hmmmm colestral and saturated fat.

Peteaud

Veteran
swmbo got a fantastic Stollen recipe from our German tutor, but by the time its been made it costs around three times that of the shop bought, mind you it does involve pouring a pound of melted butter over the finished bake, hmmmm colestral and saturated fat.

But you have to have it, its the law :laugh:

BTW, the Lidl stuff is German and is very very good.

classic33

Leg End Member
96 Days.jpg

Top Bottom