The fixed is back!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Went and got it today. So here is what had to be replaced.
Chainring, crankset(bent the spider), and the chain because it had twisted(1/8th)
The guy in the LBS didnt charge me too much for it, and told me to take it steady for abit just in case.
He still thinks its the frame, and im still unsure, but either way its back:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Went on a ride on it today, went down my road with one of the biggest smiles ever on my face loving it. Did a ride of just under 22 miles on it.
Nice ride, but coming past Tesco(about 1mile from my house) i got a puncture, and i didnt have my pump:wacko: Luckily there was a cyclist i know(i say i know, but i dont know his name, i just wave to him when i see him, going the same way as me) so u borrowed his pump(thank you if your on here!!) and got home.
So im very happy that i have my fixed back again:thumbsup::tongue::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Do i love my bike too much:blush:

Pictures please

OP
OP
J

Joe24

spandex said:
Pictures please

Only got the chain ring back if you want pictures of the damaged bit.
Ill get some pictures of the fixed in abit when i get off my arse.:tongue:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Here is the chain ring. It had to be de-bent slightly to get it off the spider.
Image071.jpg

Image072.jpg

Image070.jpg

Ill get some pictures of the fixed in a min. Needs a clean if anyone is wanting to come clean it?:tongue:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

And the fixed.
Image075.jpg

Image076.jpg

Its got SPD-SL's on that i took off from the Giant. Put them on today because i couldnt be bothered to take the SPD's off from the Giant, and because im hoping to be doing the boxing day 10 TT on it, so put them on.
And you cant say them are hard to get into because they arent dual sided, they are just as easy if not easier(not that i did much clippinng in and unclipping mind)

Great to see you have it back, definitely an odd one that damage but fingers crossed its the end of it, and totally agree on smiles when riding the fixed, I got that today when a guy on a Pinarello Prince pull up beside me (after sitting on my wheel for a mile) and said it was a close call on me putting him to shame, single speed against him on his £5k bike, so I sat on him for the next stretch till a slope, not even a hill and he bogged down changing many times, so I just sat in the saddle and went past him like he was stationary, at the top I looked back and he was struggling, so I rode on never to see him again but I felt so good inside :tongue:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

HeartAttack said:
Great to see you have it back, definitely an odd one that damage but fingers crossed its the end of it, and totally agree on smiles when riding the fixed, I got that today when a guy on a Pinarello Prince pull up beside me (after sitting on my wheel for a mile) and said it was a close call on me putting him to shame, single speed against him on his £5k bike, so I sat on him for the next stretch till a slope, not even a hill and he bogged down changing many times, so I just sat in the saddle and went past him like he was stationary, at the top I looked back and he was struggling, so I rode on never to see him again but I felt so good inside :tongue:

I love that:thumbsup: I did it to someone on a Pinarello thing aswell, his mate was on a carbon Giant aswell. I shot past them on a gentle rise and said hello. On the downhill they were on my back wheel then overtook. I sat behind them then past them. Got to some lights and they decided to pass me first(wasnt trackstanding then) and then ended up going past them easy on the flat.
I love it, one gear and on an old frame against some poncy carbon geared thing:evil:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Will1985 said:
Did I miss something? What happened to it in the first place?

Bit abit of power in when moving off from some lights and my chainring decided it was all too much and collapsed. So it looked like this
Image060-1.jpg

:thumbsup::tongue:

Top Bottom