The flag of the crescent and star, Leads the way to progress and perfection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
or so it seems!
The Pakistani test team could have been forgiven for folding. They can't play at home, they get paid a pittance by comparison with the other test players and they suffered the indignity of seeing three of their stars being sent to jail following a News of the World sting.
But........having demolished the world's number one test team (that's us) in Dubai, they're playing beautifully in Abu Dhabi. It's great to see. I defer to nobody in my desire to see England win, but there are times when our opponents gladden the heart. Seeing spin bowling supplant seam is wonderful - although Panesar is perhaps not quite so wonderful as Ajmal. Seeing the enthusiasm in Pakistan's fielding and their running between the wickets in Dubai was also wonderful.
So, given that there is no subject on God's earth that is too serious or too unimportant for Fred and Ginger to have the last word, here they are with their own tribute to Misbah-ul-Haq and his merry crew!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gETIZMlp1GE

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
From the thread title, I assumed you meant....

Portsmouth_FC_crest_2008.png

Maz

Guru
That's not Fred Astaire...that's Dan Singh!
Paakistaan Zindabaad!...But C'mon England let's win the series...
royal-wedding-crowd.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It was good to see Pakistan playing with control and discipline, and they caught England well and truly on the hop.

Meanwhile, England have started to get the upper hand in the 2nd test - Cook got his wake up call when his captain was dismissed for peanuts. I seem to remember him grinding down bowling attacks in similar situations. 112 for 1 and Pakistan have used up all their reviews, Trott with a half-century and Cook just a short way behind. The series is shaping up nicely.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
at Tea now. Both Trott and Cook past their half centuries and digging in well. Pakistan have used up their reviews already (all lost).

Top Bottom