The Flying Scot... in more ways than one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GGJ

Veteran
A Glasgow company who produced some of the finest frames of their era

Picture taken at the Riverside Museum, if you're in Glasgow this is a definite must see and with free admission there's no excuse... View attachment 152042

View attachment 152043

Also at the Riverside Museum...
Of course Scotland is also known for another Flying Scot. Graeme Obree who twice broke the world hour record, once in July 1993 and then April 1994, he was also the individual pursuit world champion in 1993 and 1995
View attachment 152044

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well there is
A Glasgow company who produced some of the finest frames of their era

Picture taken at the Riverside Museum, if you're in Glasgow this is a definite must see and with free admission there's no excuse..

Looks fantastic, wish I could go. I'm a scot you know, well its my middle name (with two Ts ).

Venod

Eh up
I have a friend who has one of these, when he was younger he rode LEJOG on it in 4/5 days, if he went into town for a pint he would hide it in the M&S skips, its a good job the bin men didn't work nights.

Last edited:

sneaky beaky

Interesting stuff, met Graeme Obree last year whilst he was touring with his latest film - after watching that film I decided to do the 'the beastie' 77miles sportive up in ayrshire he organises, he also does the ride with everyone and is to my mind a true sporting hero.
Good to see Scot cycles museum, I will try and visit the place. Would love an old Scot frame or complete bike...the ER16 would do me nicely, I would do the 2017 beastie on it.

Reactions: GGJ

gasinayr

Über Member
I used to have 402f 1956 model. Sold it two years ago and bought a new Dawes Vantage touring bike with the money.

Top Bottom