1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Flying Scot... in more ways than one

Discussion in 'Vintage and Classic Bikes' started by GGJ, 21 Nov 2016.

1. GGJ

GGJ Über Member

A Glasgow company who produced some of the finest frames of their era

Picture taken at the Riverside Museum, if you're in Glasgow this is a definite must see and with free admission there's no excuse...

Also at the Riverside Museum...
    Of course Scotland is also known for another Flying Scot. Graeme Obree who twice broke the world hour record, once in July 1993 and then April 1994, he was also the individual pursuit world champion in 1993 and 1995

Last edited: 25 Apr 2017 at 14:29
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Well there is
    Looks fantastic, wish I could go. I'm a scot you know, well its my middle name (with two Ts ).

Illaveago likes this.
  3. Afnug

Afnug Yining & Yanging but mostly Yanging

I have a friend who has one of these, when he was younger he rode LEJOG on it in 4/5 days, if he went into town for a pint he would hide it in the M&S skips, its a good job the bin men didn't work nights.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2016
    Illaveago likes this.
  4. arch684

arch684 Über Member

Been a couple of times,the whole place is interesting and just a short drive along the m8 for me

Illaveago likes this.
  5. DaveReading

DaveReading Veteran

Abd the building itself is very striking.

RIP Zaha Hadid.

6. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

oooh another reason for a trip to Glasgows

Illaveago likes this.
  7. gasinayr

gasinayr Active Member

sneaky beaky likes this.
  8. sneaky beaky

sneaky beaky Regular

Interesting stuff, met Graeme Obree last year whilst he was touring with his latest film - after watching that film I decided to do the 'the beastie' 77miles sportive up in ayrshire he organises, he also does the ride with everyone and is to my mind a true sporting hero.
    Good to see Scot cycles museum, I will try and visit the place. Would love an old Scot frame or complete bike...the ER16 would do me nicely, I would do the 2017 beastie on it.

GGJ likes this.
  9. gasinayr

gasinayr Active Member

I used to have 402f 1956 model. Sold it two years ago and bought a new Dawes Vantage touring bike with the money.

10. DaveReading

DaveReading Veteran

I have a feeling that my Dad bought my first bike, a Rudge, from Rattray's when we were living in Glasgow.