The football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Is there a match on?

Rocky

Hello decadence
I thought you would be well in to it, it means we are still in something European.
I'm not a great football fan, unfortunately.......as I've got older, the more I loath all team sports. Also I'm not a great spectator, I'd rather be doing sport myself.

I used to play rugby but gave that up in 1986 for triathlon, cycling and long distance running.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Good result for England. Ukraine were cack, apart from a 20-minute spell before half time (they've been playing in sporadic spells like that all the way through), but you can only beat what's in front of you and it was a very controlled performance. They looked like Germany, and I mean that in a good way, in terms of efficiency and game management.

I do think Denmark will give England more to think about, certainly in terms of pace and energy. Which may actually work for England, if their defence holds out.

I can't see Italy being too perturbed, though.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Hmmm, I have a feeling Spain will beat Italy!
Unlikely.

Firstly, they need to start putting their chances away, which (Slovakia game excepted) they have been woefully inadequate at doing. Gerard Moreno, for one, was terribly profligate against the Swiss, missing four gilt-edged chances, and they were lucky that the Swiss were so crap in the penalty shootout.

Secondly... They won't get any chances to waste, in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom