The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well we took it as easy as we could on your lot @Accy cyclist.
Quite weird watching a game so relaxed knowing the job was already done, on to Wrexham for a Hollywood finale 😀

I heard we were the best team and should've won! :whistle: But seriously, I'm just glad Accy had a decent first half to the season, picking up enough points to keep us comfortably in the Football League. If we ever go down to the National League I don't think we'd return to the Football League for many many years, if we ever did.

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I heard we were the best team and should've won! :whistle: But seriously, I'm just glad Accy had a decent first half to the season, picking up enough points to keep us comfortably in the Football League. If we ever go down to the National League I don't think we'd return to the Football League for many many years, if we ever did.

Once you're on that downward trajectory it's very hard to stop.
When we lost our football league place we all expected to be challenging to get back up straight away, not go down another division!!

Think you will struggle next season if your form doesn't improve, though I've seen much worse teams than Accy recently.
FGR & Sutton were really poor and are deservedly down bar the shouting, would like to see Altrincham come up from the NL via the playoffs

Slick

Guru
Can't say our semi final was ever going to be a classic, but good to get it won in 90 minutes and sets up a good day out on the last day of the season. Its one of those days when I sometimes let my guard down and enjoy the occasion with a few libations. :okay: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

postman

Legendary Member
How close was that,Manure United were six inches away from being humiliated.How close was that var call.I was cheering like mad and laughing but he was offside but only just.One more thing Dea Gea with one arm is better than the joke in goal now,even though he saved those penalties.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Enjoyed the Lpool game......1st time for a while I could actually enjoy the full game.
Superb free kick fro TAA and nice to see Gravenberch and Cody firing on all cylinders.
It's going to be an interesting run in.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
How close was that,Manure United were six inches away from being humiliated.How close was that var call.I was cheering like mad and laughing but he was offside but only just.One more thing Dea Gea with one arm is better than the joke in goal now,even though he saved those penalties.

I know it was offside, under the present rules, bit I have the present rules. They were brought in for VAR so you have something definitive to measure. In the good old days, that would have allowed under the "level with last defender is fine" yardstick.

AndyRM

XOXO

Think you're being extremely harsh on Onana there and judging him based on the 'keeper that De Gea became, rather than the one who arrived at Man Utd.

It would also help if he had a settled defence in front of him. When the team sheets came up yesterday and they had Maguire and Casemiro as centre backs I figured they'd be about as slow as a week in jail (great players though they are) and wasn't far wrong.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Forest have asked for the audio from the VAR room. its going be embarrassing when PGMOL have t admit they replaced the "luton fan" with Ashley Young's Mum...

Joking aside whilst certainly the last incident looked like it should have been a penalty, Forest benefited from a error in the playoffs to get promoted, so its a bit double standards. Also an embarrassing way for a club to behave, calling it out on twitter at the end of the game.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
A slightly sad note, I see Blyth Spartans couldn't end their losing run, they lost 5 on the bounce at the end of the season, the last two games by 5-1 slipping into the relegation zone on the final day and going down. Despite them being a long term rival of Whitby Town back in the day, its a bit sad to see them back in the Northern Prem. interestingly they have also just changed hands, the previous chiarman and wner has biled out after rescuing them financially 24 years ago, but has sold up to enjoy his retirment.,

Top Bottom