The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I like Costa, he is upfront about his physical ability and seems to take retribution very well. I loathed Luiz though, he was a sly coward.

Anyway......having seen it I'll give Barnes the benefit of the doubt, it's his a ball to pass, Matic arrives too late to block. It's an opportunity to kick the bloke and I'd have done the same.:smile:

@MarkF

Sorry but I can't agree with your second para' - that was one heck of a follow through, studs up & just below knee height. Matic's leg bent outwards under the force - no way should that be allowed and at the end of the day the ref' is also there to protect the players.

For once it looks like the vast majority of the ex-footballer/punditry community are right behind CFC on this one.

Barnes was diabolical yesterday and so was Atkinson.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Agreed, but I find it hard to have any sympathy for Costa, who I feel is a thuggish twat of a footballer. He must be infuriating to play against.

@AndyRM

I don't think he's a thug - he's a hard physical player for sure but not an overt thug.

7 years in high-level football and 1 double yellow red and 3 straight reds is not exactly thuggish for for any player let alone a number 9 - a position that I think you will agree carries a considerable risk of continual aggravation from the centre-backs in particular.

These guys all play 'the game' as in they know what's what and apart from the idiotically titled Ginger Mourinho and Myopic Clarets then yesterdays incident is rightly vilified.

Even after the recent Skrtel/Costa 'incident' that the press made a meal of, the two of them grinned at each other before embracing in a man-hug at the end of the game.

Last edited:

outlash

also available in orange
Two nil up and on top, then pegged back to a bum squeaking 2-1.

And what does the ref do? Adds five minutes and the Spuds equalise in the last one :angry:

But it was a penalty, the sourest of sour grapes from Allardyce on the post match interview. Claiming that Kane went down when we clearly clattered into by Song. I spotted plenty of West Ham players going down like they were scythed down after they went 1 up. Noble should have got sent off too. A draw was a fair result IMO.

Tony.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I love this "Guess the game" thread.
"The Spuds" was a clue the size of Mars.

MarkF

Guru
Peed off! :cursing: wasted a whole day trying to buy tickets for me and my son for Bradford's QF tie v Reading, we are both ST holders and we failed, 1000's of other ST holders did too. There are about 12000 ST holders, Valley Parade's capacity is about 25k, less 4500 for Reading, making it simple to allow every ST holder to buy a ticket with 8000 seats to then go on general sale. the club made the ludicrous decision to make sales unlimited to ST holders, in the pursuit of a sell out and quick buck. What happened? Well the predictable of course.
:sad:

http://www.ticketbis.net/bradford-v-reading-fa-cup-tickets/ev70311

Last edited:
Top Bottom