The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_craig

Über Member
A draw is satisfactory - nothing else.

Wins against Georgia, Poland and Gibraltar are what's needed.

Guess which one will give the most bother...?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Faroe Islands beat Greece 2-1, I only pay attention as ex-Forfar Athletic player Odmar Faeroe plays for them

And here's how it happened. Some entertainment for halftime (or earlier, if boredom sets in).

http://kvf.fo/netvarp/sv/2015/06/13/maliniweb

First scorer plays in the second tier of the Danish league. Second is mostly a bench player in the top tier (he's only 19, though).

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
On the positive side I suppose we could describe England's performance as ''resilient.'' And with that defence, they need to be....
England do pass the ball a lot better than of old. Capello started getting them to concentrate on that aspect and Mr Roy also has the team playing that way, they're not the embarrassment they used to be when they couldn't string more than three passes together.

International football is something I find boring now, it's very rare that I watch a full game. Highly competent and well coached teams tend to cancel each other out and the matches are mostly rather sterile.

itchybeard

[QUOTE.="Smokin Joe, post: 3745299, member: 168"]England do pass the ball a lot better than of old. Capello started getting them to concentrate on that aspect and Mr Roy also has the team playing that way, they're not the embarrassment they used to be when they couldn't string more than three passes together.

International football is something I find boring now, it's very rare that I watch a full game. Highly competent and well coached teams tend to cancel each other out and the matches are mostly rather sterile.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I watch highlights only, i cannot be bothered with a full game. Its lacklustre.

yello

I saw the 2nd half of Slovenia v England. 2 points of note; England played really rather well, which surprised me tbh, very slick looking, quick on the break, the youngsters looking like a new football generation and Rooney looking frankly slow and carp. AND some of the Slovenians (is that what they are called???) are pretty frekkin' thuggish!

Re the women's game (which I generally prefer these days), I think I've become educated to it courtesy of living in France. The national side are useful, the national leagues are of a decent standard and matches are televised a bit. It's treated seriously and there's no sniggering childish 'swapping shirts at fulltime' comments. I now watch it as a different game, without reference to the men's game.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have long been defending Shrek against his many detractors, citing his quick thinking, ability to read the game and occasional genius long balls that completely swing a game, but I have to confess that he's looking more and more of a donkey.

Top Bottom