The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
I suppose the biggest thing with VAR and goal line technology is that Ingerlund wouldn't have a star on their Llewellyn the Last emblazoned shirts!

vickster

Legendary Member
Tonight in Larndan it is the World Cup,FA Cup,European Cup any Cup Final as a matter of fact.Leeds United must win.But QPR are fighting for survival i do believe they are four points off the drop zone.My dicky heart might not take the strain.Leeds win and the pressure is on Ipswich Town then.There might be some good news though,because he is like marmite barndoor might not be fit to play and young Joseph might get a kick.Time for a hero to step up,plus the goalie has been taking some stick.What a night tonight up here.

Your first half hasn’t gone well…

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looks like the new Lpool manager is a done deal.
I, for one, had never heard of him but people who have played/managed under or with him say good things.
Big boots to fill.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Different in hockey where there whacking the ball from end to end of the pitch is not possible.
You clearly haven't watched much hockey. Ball can easily be aerial-ed from one D to the other. It's a bit 50-50 on keeping possession though so whilst it's a tactic, particularly against a high press, teams tend to pass their way forward

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I've had another brilliant idea (not quite as brilliant as my idea of just getting rid of offside, which was spectacularly stupendous in its simplicity), why not use the GPS data of the players for deciding offside, I believe they are all GPS tracked throughout matches these days so why not utilise that?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
0ef32df05f0d9e68306888daae03bb86.gif.6d2f39288875f359d816cadb56c9b2aa.gif

Alex321

Veteran
I've had another brilliant idea (not quite as brilliant as my idea of just getting rid of offside, which was spectacularly stupendous in its simplicity), why not use the GPS data of the players for deciding offside, I believe they are all GPS tracked throughout matches these days so why not utilise that?

Because it is even less accurate than those lines they draw, only being accurate to within about 3ft.

Mike_P

Guru
Crazy game at the home of Franchise FC yesterday, 4-4 with Sutton who got relegated.
Notts had the Divisions player of the season, Jody Jones (24 assists) and Golden Boot, Macualay Langstaff (28 goals), while having the worse defence in the league conceding their 86th goal with a 1-0 defeat at already relegated Forest Green yesterday. If sense exists there will a number of defenders looking for a new club, hopefully in the 6th tier or lower. Only Morecambe failed to score against them and 54 goals were scored against them by 7 teams; Sutton (9), Grimsby and Stockport (7 each), AFC Wimbledon (6) Colchester, Tranmere and Mansfield (5 each)

AndyRM

XOXO
I read this about the Scottish title race earlier (and stopped reading straight after):

"The fragility both sides have shown at times, which has made a captivating title race all the more absorbing, was apparent in spells on Sunday."

(From here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cv26vq34jy9o)

Which is one take, I suppose. The other is that they've both been mince this season and it could have been the opportunity for another team to properly challenge their supremacy, but only Hearts (read: Shankland) have come close.

Only Killie have lost fewer games than either of them, but the 13 draws have tripped us up. 3 of those were 2 - 2 draws against Dundee with last minute injury time equalisers in all 3 games!

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 10.49.28.png

Top Bottom