The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I read this about the Scottish title race earlier (and stopped reading straight after):

"The fragility both sides have shown at times, which has made a captivating title race all the more absorbing, was apparent in spells on Sunday."

(From here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cv26vq34jy9o)

Which is one take, I suppose. The other is that they've both been mince this season and it could have been the opportunity for another team to properly challenge their supremacy, but only Hearts (read: Shankland) have come close.

Only Killie have lost fewer games than either of them, but the 13 draws have tripped us up. 3 of those were 2 - 2 draws against Dundee with last minute injury time equalisers in all 3 games!

View attachment 729049

15/18 points isn't close

8>3
8>6
:wacko:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
The title's coming to the Emirates, definitely, probably, possibly, hopefully, please can we win it.:bravo:

AndyRM

XOXO
15/18 points isn't close

8>3
8>6
:wacko:

Well, yeah, but my point was really that Hearts and Killie have missed a real opportunity to get things closer at a time when both Old Firm sides have been at their weakest in the League.

Rangers, despite their best efforts to make a complete arse of things could still finish the season with the treble...

Slick

Guru
I read this about the Scottish title race earlier (and stopped reading straight after):

"The fragility both sides have shown at times, which has made a captivating title race all the more absorbing, was apparent in spells on Sunday."

(From here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cv26vq34jy9o)

Which is one take, I suppose. The other is that they've both been mince this season and it could have been the opportunity for another team to properly challenge their supremacy, but only Hearts (read: Shankland) have come close.

Only Killie have lost fewer games than either of them, but the 13 draws have tripped us up. 3 of those were 2 - 2 draws against Dundee with last minute injury time equalisers in all 3 games!

View attachment 729049
Kilmarnock are probably one of the few teams who can genuinely claim to have made real progress this season.

Doing it again next season is going to prove difficult though.

Shankland is getting some kudos at the moment, but overrated for me, so hopefully all the rumours regarding him turn out to be false.

As for my own team, picking up 2 points from 9 right before the split does not win you titles, although we are still in it but with very little chance of taking anything from the other mob the way we are playing right now.

I get your point, there were opportunities for others, but as usual nobody rose to the challenge, which it must be acknowledged is tough, but someone splitting the old firm was a possibility as it will be the worst team in years to finally lift the title this season.

AndyRM

XOXO
Kilmarnock are probably one of the few teams who can genuinely claim to have made real progress this season.

Doing it again next season is going to prove difficult though.

Shankland is getting some kudos at the moment, but overrated for me, so hopefully all the rumours regarding him turn out to be false.

As for my own team, picking up 2 points from 9 right before the split does not win you titles, although we are still in it but with very little chance of taking anything from the other mob the way we are playing right now.

I get your point, there were opportunities for others, but as usual nobody rose to the challenge, which it must be acknowledged is tough, but someone splitting the old firm was a possibility as it will be the worst team in years to finally lift the title this season.

What's paid off for us this season is giving McInnes time to build.

Got us promoted (albeit by a bawhair) in his first season (following the gradual train-wreck since Clarke left), kept us up the following season (not an easy task) and has arguably over-achieved this year - I'd genuinely have been happy with mid-table; fourth is dream-land for a club our size.

You're right though, where do we go from here? He only managed one League Cup with Aberdeen which given the circumstances isn't great.

Part of the problem is that other clubs just never seem to have any kind of consistency, or coherent plan. Hibs and Aberdeen in the bottom six is nuts, Motherwell too really.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Well my team are going for an Invincibles tag with our last game on Saturday. Only 3 clubs in Scotland have done this - the sisters (unsurprisingly) and Kilmarnock back in the 19th Century. We won the title weeks ago but the players have kept going in the quest to go down in history. Here's hoping.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well my team are going for an Invincibles tag with our last game on Saturday. Only 3 clubs in Scotland have done this - the sisters (unsurprisingly) and Kilmarnock back in the 19th Century. We won the title weeks ago but the players have kept going in the quest to go down in history. Here's hoping.

Genuinely hope you manage it!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
It looks like Leeds will have to settle for a top 2 of the 4 play-off places, rather than automatic promotion.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c4n187n2x85t
Look on the bright side. If they win their play-off semis it'll be a trip to Wembley, their last one being 16 years ago in the League One play-off final.

Another trophy for Leicester. Not quite as prestigious as their last two trophies, but there are a lot of happy people in Leicester again.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Another trophy for Leicester. Not quite as prestigious as their last two trophies, but there are a lot of happy people in Leicester again.

They tried hard to blow the 10 point lead they had in Jan, but recovered well to be fair.

Ipswich can get one leg on the prem ladder if they win tonight at Coventry, but 2nd and 3rd (and 6th/7th) wont be decided until Saturday whatever happens, plus still 1 of 4 can still go down - I do hope its Birmingham

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Tonight in Larndan it is the World Cup,FA Cup,European Cup any Cup Final as a matter of fact.Leeds United must win.But QPR are fighting for survival i do believe they are four points off the drop zone.My dicky heart might not take the strain.Leeds win and the pressure is on Ipswich Town then.There might be some good news though,because he is like marmite barndoor might not be fit to play and young Joseph might get a kick.Time for a hero to step up,plus the goalie has been taking some stick.What a night tonight up here.

Sorry @postman I may not be a football fan, but as it's my local team COYB on Saturday
Just need a draw to be the next Sheffield United/Luton next season.

Top Bottom