The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Another trophy for Leicester. Not quite as prestigious as their last two trophies, but there are a lot of happy people in Leicester again.

I Just hope they lose on Saturday to Blackburn Rovers, so the Rovers can guarantee their Championship survival! However, I think know Leicester will win by a fair score. Rovers couldn't have ended up with a worse last game of the season opponent.:unsure:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I Just hope they lose on Saturday to Blackburn Rovers, so the Rovers can guarantee their Championship survival! However, I think know Leicester will win by a fair score. Rovers couldn't have ended up with a worse last game of the season opponent.:unsure:

You say that, but Leicester will already have their minds on the beach.

Birmingham and Plymouth probably have the toughest fixtures of the teams trying to escape.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You say that, but Leicester will already have their minds on the beach.

Birmingham and Plymouth probably have the toughest fixtures of the teams trying to escape.

Yes but Leicester are on 97 points. Surely they'd like to win the title with a century of points. Having said that, Birmingham have not yet sure of a play-off place Norwich, while Plymouth have (could still make the play offs if WBA lose) Hull. Two of Blackburn's'relegation avoiding rivals have home advantage, while Rovers are away. I think Sheff Weds will win at Sunderland, securing safety. Anyway, the bookies aren't as pessimistic as I am about Blackburn's chances as they have them down to finish 20th.

I've always been a play-offs fan, even when Accrington lost two play-offs and Blackburn lost quite a few in the late 1980's. Twelve clubs have a big interest in crucial last day of the season games, if you count not mathematically relegated yet Huddersfield. Without the play-offs it would all be decided by now and quite boring.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes but Leicester are on 97 points. Surely they'd like to win the title with a century of points. Having said that, Birmingham have not yet sure of a play-off place Norwich, while Plymouth have (could still make the play offs if WBA lose) Hull. Two of Blackburn's'relegation avoiding rivals have home advantage, while Rovers are away. I think Sheff Weds will win at Sunderland, securing safety. Anyway, the bookies aren't as pessimistic as I am about Blackburn's chances as they have them down to finish 20th.

I've always been a play-offs fan, even when Accrington lost two play-offs and Blackburn lost quite a few in the late 1980's. Twelve clubs have a big interest in crucial last day of the season games, if you count not mathematically relegated yet Huddersfield. Without the play-offs it would all be decided by now and quite boring.

Plus Leicester will be presented with the Championship/Football League Champions trophy before the match. They certainly won't want to mark the day with a loss, or even a draw.

Ipswich aren't going up and if they did they'd come straight back down, and Blackburn aren't going down. Leicester, Southampton and Leeds are going back up and QPR, Sheff Weds and Rotherham are going down. Rovers have a bigger, more modern ground than Ipswich. They are former Premier League Champions. Ipswich have only been Champions of England once and that was 62 years ago and they've only won the FA Cup once, whereas Blackburn have won it 6 times, granted their last win was 96 years ago. Rovers beat a well off League 2 team in the FA Cup, while Ipswich lost to a non league 6th tier team. Blackburn is in the north west which is a full of top clubs, whereas Ipswich is in the middle of nowhere. :hello:

Oh and Ipswich have that crap singer bloke as a 'big fan', which is another minus!! :okay:

Ipswich even claim that Norwich, which is 45 miles away is their 'local derby', when in reality their derby rivals are Colchester and Cambridge. :rolleyes:

View attachment 720293
Well done for for just missing out on being relegated.
At the top end mind you those little country bumpkins Ipswich Town have just been promoted.:laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
^_^
IMG_20240504_133935802_HDR.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
💩😂:banghead::cry:

AndyRM

XOXO
It wasn't a certainty though that Leicester wouldn't turn up, as they say. Listening to the match commentary on Radio Lancashire they had their chances and were trying, but Rovers were more determined needing the points far more than Leicester did.

That was my point.

Leicester won't have given two hoots about the result today. It meant far more to Blackburn.

Top Bottom