The French & Lance armstrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Crankarm said:
And you can see now why they hate and persecute LA.

Sorry, no I don't follow you at all.

I know I'll go blue in the face repeating this but "the French" don't hate LA. Obviously, I don't have the figures but I doubt most French even know who he is. Those that do would be divided into those that like him and those that don't - pretty much like anywhere else.

The common mistake is to take the on-going stormy relationship that LA and L'Equipe et al have had over the years and morph that over the French nation. It simply isn't true.

The industrial action at the French ports has nothing to do with it. It may be typical of the direct action sometimes used by French workers in a dispute but it says nothing about their relationship, non-existent or otherwise, with Lance Armstrong.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Well said yello.

One of the things irking me about the current typhoon in a mug is the way his Lanceness has spun it as a "they're out to get me" thing rather than a "yes, I should have been in sight of the tester, my/his bad" thing.

mondobongo

Über Member
Hair was not tested. Afld have obviously decided they do not have enough to pursue a case this time. I guess armstrong will show a little more care the next time they come a knocking.

yello said:
Eh?? How do you come to that conclusion?

The AFLD (i.e. "the French") decided not to take further action.

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/8017571.stm

Note also, from the same report...

Cause the French do not want him in the tour, this was yet another attempt by them to find dirt on him, and yet again they fail.

Personally I think Lance making a come back is wrong but its his choice and I respect anyone who strives to get to the top of their game.

Oh and I apologies I thought they tested the hair samples too, my wrong

yello

HeartAttack said:
Cause the French do not want him in the tour, this was yet another attempt by them to find dirt on him, and yet again they fail.

What complete nonsense! By all means, support Lance Armstrong. I have no problem with that, none at all, but if you're going to comment on such issues then please try to give it some thought first. Otherwise your remarks just come across as juvenile.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
yello said:
Eh?? How do you come to that conclusion?
Because they dropped the case and are letting him ride the tour!

THE SWINES!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
HeartAttack said:
You understand what the AFLD do, don't you?

They are testing athletes to see whether they have taken prohibited performance enhancing substances.

Finding dirt on people is kind of their job, and not just on his Lanceness, as proved by last year's tour, during which the AFLD ran the drug controls.

John the Monkey said:
You understand what the AFLD do, don't you?

They are testing athletes to see whether they have taken prohibited performance enhancing substances.

Finding dirt on people is kind of their job, and not just on his Lanceness, as proved by last year's tour, during which the AFLD ran the drug controls.

LOL, I think I probably know a lot more than many about WADA, AFLD, UK Sport, NADO and the like, I was tested over 200 times in 15 years of representing my country both at home, in training and competitions worldwide, I even still have the weekly mailings from the IOC/WADA with the upto date allowed/disallowed drugs and medication limits. I also know what their job is and how they work, and also that ALL testers DO HAVE to carry official and checkable credentials. Yes Lance taking a shower is not the norm but its also the testers right to allow the such-like if the circumstances allow, or they can follow you in to the shower and wait. Hell they always have a good look to see that when you pee in the jars (x2) its coming out of you and not a tube placed underneath.

As for Lance and comments like the French do want him in the tour maybe its not me who needs to do more research, there are and have been many mentions of how they would rather he stayed away or was made not to ride, heck they still haven't given him permission to ride the TdF unlike almost all the others pre named teams/riders. If you think thats not them being anti LA what is it?

yello

HeartAttack said:
there are and have been many mentions of how they would rather he stayed away or was made not to ride,

It may well have been said by some but it doesn't make it true for all. "They" (the French) are a nation of people, most of them either don't know or don't care about Lance Armstrong. Some French don't want him to ride in the TdF, some do. Just like any other nationality.

heck they still haven't given him permission to ride the TdF unlike almost all the others pre named teams/riders.

You really are full of nonsense. Teams are invited to complete, individual riders are not "given permission" and never have been. Astana have been invited this year and so therefore they can select whoever they like (so long as they are not banned riders obviously). ASO will not hand deliver a personal invite to Lance Armstrong.

We'll get on a whole lot better the sooner you stop making sweeping generalisations and talking about "they". :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Top Bottom