FNRttC The Fridays tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rvw

Guru
Team "what do you mean, the train is at 5.28am?! Blow that, we'll stay an extra couple of days in Bordeaux" have had a lovely leisurely breakfast at 8.30 and are lazing around. Plan is to use the hottest part of the day to deconstruct the tandem in the nice, cool, vaulted garage.

We're awaiting updates to find out whether team early (subgroup train) are away safely.

rvw

Guru
Excellent! Hope you all have a good crossing and onward journeys.

News here is that it is hot (again) and we've packed the bike into its box (we're getting faster - it took only just over an hour).

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
We did it.
There may have been a slight tension in the air at Caen railway station as The Fridays commandeered the first two taxis and I stopped the traffic so @Mice could get her bike in the next one. But it was all worth it. I was later to receive a text from Mark saying they were all checked in to the ferry. At 3.44pm. A minute early. After 800k, seven days of riding by 22 people, a French train strike and a van journey with 12 dismantled bikes in the back hurriedly rebuilt, my own opinion, for what it's worth, is that one minute is cutting it a bit fine.
I'm bushed

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
We did it.
There may have been a slight tension in the air at Caen railway station as The Fridays commandeered the first two taxis and I stopped the traffic so @Mice could get her bike in the next one. But it was all worth it. I was later to receive a text from Mark saying they were all checked in to the ferry. At 3.44pm. A minute early. After 800k, seven days of riding by 22 people, a French train strike and a van journey with 12 dismantled bikes in the back hurriedly rebuilt, my own opinion, for what it's worth, is that one minute is cutting it a bit fine.
I'm bushed
Splendid effort. I'll freely admit that I was more stressed than most at the transport situation (at least visibly and audibly- the uncertainty as much as anything. And the lack of sleep. And the cold) but it turned out alright in the end. Many thanks to Martin and Mark (honorary Ian).

wanda2010

Guru
A bright and sunny morning in Portsmouth. I am sad but I will soldier on as my washing machine awaits.

rvw

Guru
Our washing is still festering (and, given the temperature here, I use the word advisedly) while we enjoy the fleshpots of Bordeaux. One more day, then (sob) we have to head home too. Currently our train tomorrow is shown as OK...

It was a great week, with a great bunch of folk. I shall treasure my medal! And we echo the thanks to @mmmmartin and Mark for all their hard work.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Brilliant tour with great company. Two thumbs up to Martin and Mark for a superbly organised ride.

Many thanks to everyone for their encouragement as I suffered on the final day with saddlesore - particularly Adrian for his grumpy old man humour.

Like a school kid, sad it's over but already looking forward to the next one.

lilolee

Veteran
^ Wot he said.

That was much more fun than I imagined and I really hope I have a chance to meet up with you all again. What a great week.

And of course it wouldn't have been half as good without @mmmmartin superb organisational skills.

Top Bottom