The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
This could be good. Very good. Very, very good. But bear in mind that the date will depend on the availability of accommodation in Saint-Saens (see below)

Friday May 22nd - take fast ferry to Cherbourg. Ride from Cherbourg to Ibis La Glacerie (5 miles) or Brix (9 miles) for overnight stop. This involves a steep hill.

Saturday May 23rd - meet Brix early in the morning. Ride via any one of four routes to Carentan for an early lunch (stopping for coffee at Quineville, Valognes, or St. Joseph, depending on the route) and then on to Bayeux. Evening get-together at the Brasserie de L'Europe. Anything from 58 miles to 75 miles.

Sunday May 24th - leave Bayeux at a civilised hour, ride to the Pegasus Bridge, Cabourg, Deauville, Trouville, and Honfleur - a beautiful little town. Evening get together at the Au Relais de Cyclistes. 58 miles.

Monday May 25th - leave Honfleur early with pastries and lots of water because the ride to Saint-Saens passes through empty countryside. Lovely roads, beautiful scenery and a Bac. I'm going to go to all the chambres d'hotes around Saint-Saens and see how many beds they have and get back to you. Some of you may have to share. 64 miles

Tuesday May 26th - take your time to Dieppe. I'll probably ride down the D154 and get stuck in to lunch, but some of you might want to head off for Treport, which is a delight. Ferry home.

I'm going to advance book ferry tickets when they become available, so this ride is going to kick off before Christmas. Think it over and post here or e-mail me if you're interested,

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ooohhhhhh....

[edit: goes and looks at diary and ferry timetable]
Oh.

All day meeting on the Friday. Only ferry from Portsmouth at 4pm, and 8:30am from Poole.

Damn.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In the event I can't get leave either side of that weekend, I would be able to do part of it.. (ferry to Ouistreham, join you for Sunday, ferry back from Le Havre).

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
That's the late May Bank Holiday weekend, so I will be running around woods shooting people (in the nicest possible way). Darn. Hope it goes well.

ianmac62

Guru
Please accept my apologies. My son is getting married on Saturday 23rd May in rural Aberdeenshire! I'd like to say I'll be thinking of you all ... but a new Mrs Macsporran doesn't happen very often ... and so I won't be!

I know you're all going to have a brilliant time!

Top Bottom