The Fuji Finest 2.1 - 2015 model. Thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jahlive905

Has anyone given this bike a go? I need to get one for my girlfriend as I signed us both up for the Cape Town Argus next March. :bicycle:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/finest-21-2015-womens-road-bike-ec072757#features

It's her first road bike, and I've asked Evans to get one into the store so that she can try it out for size and fit. It's the one she picked and likes the look of so I'm looking for your guys advice regarding the spec. It has a carbon fork (yay!) and the same gearset that's on my Defy 4 so I'm happy with those two aspects. I don't know enough about wheels though - are Vera Corsa's good value for this cost? I was under the impression that Fuji make a high-quality bike too. What's the consensus?

I'll be getting this for about 30% off the marked price too as it's C2W scheme. Is it a good buy?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Has anyone given this bike a go? I need to get one for my girlfriend as I signed us both up for the Cape Town Argus next March. :bicycle:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/finest-21-2015-womens-road-bike-ec072757#features

It's her first road bike, and I've asked Evans to get one into the store so that she can try it out for size and fit. It's the one she picked and likes the look of so I'm looking for your guys advice regarding the spec. It has a carbon fork (yay!) and the same gearset that's on my Defy 4 so I'm happy with those two aspects. I don't know enough about wheels though - are Vera Corsa's good value for this cost? I was under the impression that Fuji make a high-quality bike too. What's the consensus?

I'll be getting this for about 30% off the marked price too as it's C2W scheme. Is it a good buy?
@SatNavSaysStraightOn has the 1.1 version so may be able to give you an idea.

I like mine and it had been really reliable. Better than its owner at least.
Mine is the 10 speed compact which I found to be great. I have had few if any issues with it, actually other than a broken gear cable I can't think of any issues.
I never tried the wheels because the ones from my old bike were much better so I just switched them over (fulcrum racing 7 cx's).
Personally, I would have no issues getting another one but you really need to see how she feels on it. Only she will know if she is going to get on with it.

OP
OP
jahlive905

jahlive905

Cheers both - sounds like a winner. Expect a new racer riding around the North London area next week.

Top Bottom