The Gecko Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emma Davidson

I am setting up a clothing brand called Gecko. We are going to be having an annual challenge in aid of our chosen charity which is NWMRA - North Wales Mountain Rescue Association.

This year is our first such challenge and will see my business partner (my husband) and i cycle from Cardiff to Colwyn Bay in 3 days.

Can anyone suggest the best resources available for mapping out a suitable journey?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Mapmyride, Bike Toaster, Bike Hike are three good starts.

Hope the clothing is going to be organic and fair trade?

OP
OP
E

Emma Davidson

Indeed it is. Just got our first line of t shirts in and they are some of the most progressive tshirts on earth. Even our hangtags are environmentally friendly, made from sheep poo and all biodegradable packaging.

Thank you very much for your help, I will check them out.

OP
OP
E

Emma Davidson

Right, so i looked through the sites you suggested (thank you again) and have gone with Bike Hike. I have mapped the overall journey and looked over it and picked out the best points to end and start each leg. How on earth do i plot these legs within the overall journey?

If I have misread this, and am teaching you to suck eggs then I apologise.

The best way is to treat these as separate journeys.

This way you get lots of information on the GPS such as time and distance to end of trip.

To plot the route itself click onthe point and then the second point and the route will appear.

If you have the "Follow road" option ticked then the route will automatically follow the road, if not you will get a straight line.
This is a good guide to the method

Top Bottom