The Giro Highlights On DMAX Channel ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My wife identified the dress as Dolce & Gabanna FWIW And described yesterday's outfit as "self basting trousers".

i noticed they got rid of the chairs and now have a wider shot of the whole group :sad:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Does DMax have a catch up option? I've had a bit of a hunt around without success
No idea. I can't see it free on the Discovery app for Roku TV (it simply demands I "sign up to start watching" at a price) and @albion just keeps quoting the same thing without explaining where catchup was found.

matticus

Guru
Incidentally, I logged a query on the Dmax website on Sunday, and later got this incredibly helpful email:

%2Fhbomax123.my.salesforce.com%2Fservlet%2Fservlet.jpg
Dear ,

We're checking in about your recent support request:

Ticket number: 14241553

Thank you,
discovery+ Customer Support

© Warner Bros. Discovery. All rights reserved.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Picture quality could depend on the size of a TV. Smaller ones often little to choose between SD and HD
It is a fairly large TV (50") so that does make poor quality more obvious, but it is even poorer than usual. It isn't so much the lower definition as the obvious compression artefacts. That is via Freesat. Maybe it is better quality on Freeview?

Mike_P

Guru
It is a fairly large TV (50") so that does make poor quality more obvious, but it is even poorer than usual. It isn't so much the lower definition as the obvious compression artefacts. That is via Freesat. Maybe it is better quality on Freeview?

Um.. I've set both Freeview and Freesat PVRs to record tonight's to find out.

ColinJ

Um.. I've set both Freeview and Freesat PVRs to record tonight's to find out.
Thanks. It will be interesting to hear the result.

I can always watch on Eurosport anyway, but it is less hassle to watch highlights and skip ads on the PVR.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
DMAX on Freeview is 1.6Mb/s average, max of 3.0. Size of file for 1 Hour recording : 777 Mb. Resolution is 544x576 so maybe it was showing a 4:3 show at the time of test.

DMAX on Freesat is 2.1Mb/s average, max of 5.5. Size of file for 1 Hour recording : 1.2 Mb. Resolution is 720x576.

So Freesat should be slightly better but there's not a huge amount in it. For comparison, Freesat QUEST HD is 9.0Mb/s average at a resolution of 1920x1080.

ColinJ

I just took a photo of my TV showing a still from the Giro. (The picture is a JPG but I used very light compression to get it within CycleChat's size limit and the compression artefacts are 99% those from the TV picture, not my photo.)

DMAX.jpg

It isn't absolutely unwatchable but it really isn't very good!

Top Bottom