The Giro On TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It's high time our public broadcasting network showed us licence payers at least a daily highlights programme of the major cycling tours. And, what is the point of BBC1 and BBC2 broadcasting the Coronation at the same time, from 07:30-15:00?

could be worse could showing Coronation street from 07.30 -15:00

It is pretty dumb though. comlain to points of view...

nellietheelephant

If a highlights show has been on Quest, you can watch it back later (normally a day behind) for free with Disc+ app (or watch it live on the app as its broadcast). If it was on Eurosport then you need to pay for a pass / subscription or subscribe to GCN which is similar price, depends on which is easiest fr you to access by your preferred methods.

quite often limited highlights packages appear on youtube too

Or you can record it on your HDR Freeview or Freesat box and watch it whenever you like.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Looks like it's on S4c at 21:00 on freesat (120), but it doesn't say who the commentators/presenters are. DMax on freesat (150) at 19:00. Also doesn't say who the commentators/presenters are, but if it's the same team as Quest was it'll be Orla Legsshowing et al. We'll find out tomorrow.
DMAX will be the combined Eurosport (Orla Chennaoui, Sean Kelly, Brian Smith, ...) and GCN presenters. S4C will probably be the usual Rhodri Gomer, with commentators Wyn Gruffydd, John Hardy and Gareth Rhys Owen.

It's high time our public broadcasting network showed us licence payers at least a daily highlights programme of the major cycling tours. And, what is the point of BBC1 and BBC2 broadcasting the Coronation at the same time, from 07:30-15:00?
Hey, the coronation show costs a lot, you know, and they don't want to give you any other alternatives. I bet you they also show it on News and Red Button too. You will use two screens for each eyeball, peasant! 👑

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It is free to air on S4c. They are certainly doing live coverage of some stages (not sure if every stage) but there will also be a nightly highlights programme.
Which reminds me to reply to this... I believe the S4C live coverage this year is only stages 1, 2 and 21, and that their contract doesn't allow broadcast of English commentary.

If it's like past years, Eurosport German live video and audio is available free by satellite and English live audio is available too but from a different satellite so it's not simple to get both at once! It may be possible to get Italian from RAI but it might be encrypted.

Slaav

Veteran
Is it just me that seems to have the Giro live in the afternoon and highlights at 8pm (UK) then?

ps - Eurosport

Top Bottom