The good news and the bad news....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frazer

Ive finally been to see a physio this morning about a problem with my ankle. I broke it a year ago and its never been the same since. Anyway, I had planned to make this my breakthrough season into triathlon, and have been working away all winter at it. But, i have now been told I shouldn't run for the forseeable future, and am likely to need surgery in a couple of months as physio is unlikely to produce the results I want. So triathlon is looking off the cards for this year.

There is good news however, twofold in fact. The first is that I have been moping around the house playing the sympathy card to my female flatmates, and am getting pampered by them at the moment, which is nice. They don't need to know that I'm actually not in any immediate pain, but i'll let them think it anyway. The second part of the good news is that my physio has told me i can cycle as much as I like. Which is also nice.

Frazer said:
Ive finally been to see a physio this morning about a problem with my ankle. I broke it a year ago and its never been the same since. Anyway, I had planned to make this my breakthrough season into triathlon, and have been working away all winter at it. But, i have now been told I shouldn't run for the forseeable future, and am likely to need surgery in a couple of months as physio is unlikely to produce the results I want. So triathlon is looking off the cards for this year.

There is good news however, twofold in fact. The first is that I have been moping around the house playing the sympathy card to my female flatmates, and am getting pampered by them at the moment, which is nice. They don't need to know that I'm actually not in any immediate pain, but i'll let them think it anyway. The second part of the good news is that my physio has told me i can cycle as much as I like. Which is also nice.

Critically, the problem has moved to the inner thighs etc etc

Keith Oates

Janner
<The first is that I have been moping around the house playing the sympathy card to my female flatmates, and am getting pampered by them at the moment, which is nice. They don't need to know that I'm actually not in any immediate pain, but i'll let them think it anyway. >

Watch out for retribution if they find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graham56

Guru
Good luck with the physio, start mine on Thurs after having the strapping on my broken finger removed. Am amazed at how they have stiffened after only 3 weeks, can`t grip/hold anything smaller than a can at the moment. So roll on Thurs as i can`t wait to get back on the bike.
( smutty remarks awaited in anticipation :rolleyes: )

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
graham56 said:
Good luck with the physio, start mine on Thurs after having the strapping on my broken finger removed. Am amazed at how they have stiffened after only 3 weeks, can`t grip/hold anything smaller than a can at the moment. So roll on Thurs as i can`t wait to get back on the bike.
( smutty remarks awaited in anticipation :biggrin: )

you'll just have to do it with the other hand then (holding onto your handlebars i mean) ;)

Top Bottom