The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andharwheel

Apalling driving. If you can report it. I always report now when the drivers attitude is completly dismissive of your safety. Aberdeen bus drivers seem to have a very noncholant attitude towards your personal safety.
magantom, good words of advice.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Another alternative to checking the reg (without having to say its yours) is : http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/
It won't tell you if it is insured or anything... just tells you the make and model ... but presumably that's what you need to plug in a few different variations of the numberplate.

If its a school mini-bus then those parents and the school will not want to hear that it is being driven in that manner.

rustychisel

Hi Tete,

I had a similar situation yesterday, but she (driver) wasn't driving a bus and it wasn't a steep hill. But IMO it constituted thoughtless if not dangerous driving and since her window was open I sidled round to tell her.

I knew she'd heard me shout "oi!!!!" because she refused to look, staring steadfastly ahead [why do they do that??]

Then, when I forced the issue her opening lines was "I used to cycle so I know".

"Know what? That was dangerous driving back there."

"No it wasn't."

"Yes it was. You pulled in to the left before you'd safely overtaken both me and my partner. You didn't know where we were and when I shouted I saw you look up to the mirror. Please give cyclists room."

"I used to be a cyclist."

"You certainly don't drive like one, that was dangerous."

"No it wasn't. I used to cycle."

"You should think a bit more about that. If I thought your driving was okay I wouldn't be here talking with you would I?"

[steadfastly looks ahead, drives off when lights change].

Top Bottom