The graun ranks Iron Maiden's 30 greatest songs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
It would be interesting to hear what metrics the gaurdain use to say Bruce Dickinson is the "greatest" singer Maiden had. I personally prefer Di'anno although I understand why he had to go. I liked Maiden when I first got into them but looking back, they became the Coldplay of metal.

For Reasons I don't think I've heard anything after Seventh Son so its not fair I do a top 30. I reckon a top 15 might be in order though. I quickly realised after narrowing it down to 15 that I can't be arsed sorting them (except Aces High is the best one) so in no particular order, the best 15 Maiden songs that I know.
Remember Tomorrow
Running Free
Phantom of the Opera
Killers
Purgatory
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Wasted Years
Revelations
Die with Your Boots On
The Trooper
(Bonus Sun and Steel)
I'm pretty much the same there.

I remember a lad at work giving me a copy of Dance of Death and then asking for my opinion of it a few days later with the added comment, 'it's obviously Maiden isn't it?' 😂

I'd changer Purgatory for Fear of the Dark though, brilliant when you hear it live.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It would be interesting to hear what metrics the gaurdain use to say Bruce Dickinson is the "greatest" singer Maiden had. I personally prefer Di'anno although I understand why he had to go.

If the parameters of greatest singer means being a theatrical frontman capable of keeping a genre defining, stadium filling band on the road for over 40 years, then there isn’t really any competition.

I imagine Steve Harris looks at his £30million bank balance and knows who he prefers.

Top Bottom