The Helmet Debate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nantmor

Its not me you ve got to convince ! Ive survived the war so far, but you are doing a good job of convincing people that cycling is dangerous which, it isn t. This is rather counter productive to your "potential power" plan , wouldn t you say ? Oh, and save your insults for the shy retiring types, that ll keep even more off the road and out of these debates. :thumbsup:
I think you are wilfully over-interpreting my throwaway quote. I thought it glancingly appropriate. If Roy Harper had written "You can lead a man to an seemingly hostile road environment which intimidates some cyclists and potential cyclists so that they are frightened to use the public highway" I would have been very happy to use his line. Even better if he had included something about the way traffic leads some to hope an ineffective foam hat will make road cycling safe enough for them. I don't suppose he could have got it to scan either. Sorry if you felt insulted, I thought that a slightly barbed joke would not be too upsetting.

Dan_h

AngelaLeeHelmet.jpg

Good grief, if that is what you end up like after crashing without a helmet then I am off to the shops to get me one!

lukesdad

I think you are wilfully over-interpreting my throwaway quote. I thought it glancingly appropriate. If Roy Harper had written "You can lead a man to an seemingly hostile road environment which intimidates some cyclists and potential cyclists so that they are frightened to use the public highway" I would have been very happy to use his line. Even better if he had included something about the way traffic leads some to hope an ineffective foam hat will make road cycling safe enough for them. I don't suppose he could have got it to scan either. Sorry if you felt insulted, I thought that a slightly barbed joke would not be too upsetting.
Im not insulted , note the smiley. There you go again hostile, intimidates frightened. Its not dangerous roads that keep people off bikes, its because they re to god damned lazy. Do you think the first question they ask themselves is am I going to get killed or seriously injured or, I cant be arsed or might get wet ? Why are country parks and other cycling leisure facilities around the country not used by the masses either. After all leisure cycling is safe or am I wrong there too ? I think you need to take a reality check.

Top Bottom