the high speed nurdling rock revival starts here!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by dellzeqq, 24 Jul 2012.

1. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

those of you who missed the all-too-brief pomp-rock revival will not want to miss out on the rebirth of high speed nurdling. I'll explain........

high speed nurdling predates pomp-rock by about three weeks. It's predicated on the notion that more notes= virtuoisity. It's not enough to play a guitar tunefully - it must be played extremely quickly. Some people blame Eric Clapton, but, as it goes, Slowcoach was, well, just that. Truly high speed nurdling involves notes played at such a speed that your eardrums demand a week off in Paignton. High notes are at a premium, and ever higher notes are at an ever higher premium. Go high and fast enough and spiritual transcendence is achieved - but, hopefully, in the privacy of your own room.

Here's the daddy of high speed nurdling rock. The vastly popular (check those views) Mahavishnu Orchestra.
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c9g7Gzg9Ew

Love the white suits, boys!

2. DP

DP Chasse patate

^_^ Blimmin' eck - I've got that album. The piccy on the back is even better.

[​IMG]

It's not really an echt Mahavishnu Orchestra gig though. This is a bit more representative I'd say..

Worth the entry fee for Billy Cobham alone.

User13710 and theclaud like this.
  3. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

4. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Nurdling? Is that like a boring version of thrash? :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    dellzeqq

not really.......thrash has a bit of form about it. Nurdling on and on, ramping upward and upward and upward and.....

nice link, DP. Nurdling of a violinic nature.....

6. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

Thanks for giving another Carlos Santana song:thumbsup:
    Must find more,know a few..............

7. OP
    OP
    dellzeqq

Uncle Mort - that is truly ghastly - thankyou!

8. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Whenever I need putting in a happy mood, this is the song that does it. Sunshine for the soul.

9. GM

GM Legendary Member

Bit of a slow starter but bear with it, 10 minutes of brilliance.

10. Red Light

Red Light Guest

11. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

As usual the Elizabethans did it better. Top quality nurdling here from John Dowland.

And it reveals Dellzeqq's secret second life - he's a hot-fingered plucker when he's not a hot-legged pedaller.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice