The Highway Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
smithid said:
I completely agree with the comments that have been made. However, I saw another example this morning where a female cyclists didn't even slow down for the ped crossing and just swerved through the crowd of people trying to cross the road just missing a couple of people. That's the sort of behaviour that makes me cross. 3 other cyclists waited patiently until the people had gone and then moved off.

And we all know which subset of cyclists in that case will have been 'noticed' by more people - the bad one.

Jezston

Über Member
It pisses me off when people do that, although I have kind of done it myself when my mind has been elsewhere and there were no traffic lights to make me think. Well, not busy pedestrian crossings, just ones people were actually walking across at the time. Felt like a bit of berk after that.

No, what REALLY pisses me off, is when I'm stopped at a crossing with people walking past in front of me, and a cyclist STILL goes through. Did the other cyclist stopped, patiently waiting for people to cross not make you think at all? Or are you just Mr F***ing Important and the rules and common decency not apply to you?

(You may have guessed this happened to me this morning)

OP
OP
S

smithid

A colleague saw another incident this morning where a speedy bike (possibly a courier) shot straight through a red light at a ped crossing right in front of a pair of bobbies. They stepped into the road to stop him and he just swerved past and rode on. Bobbies last seen on radios calling for back up.

Dan B

Disengaged member
smithid said:
I saw another example this morning where a female cyclists didn't even slow down for the ped crossing and just swerved through the crowd of people trying to cross the road just missing a couple of people. That's the sort of behaviour that makes me cross. 3 other cyclists waited patiently until the people had gone and then moved off.
Well, there you go then. If we take this behaviour as typical, 75% of cyclists shouldn't be given a bad name by it ;-)

Arch

Married to Night Train
coruskate said:
Well, there you go then. If we take this behaviour as typical, 75% of cyclists shouldn't be given a bad name by it ;-)

Yeah, they shouldn't.

That doesn't stop people does it, anymore than it stops the sexist and the racist.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
rule 163
give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211-215)

but that much space depends on the driver and how much space they give a car when overtaking..

Top Bottom