The "How Much?" / "Having a Giraffe!" Café thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've just finished reading "You Are Awful ,(But I Like You)" by Tim Moore, where he travels round Britains worst towns, visiting the worst attractions and staying in the worst hotels. In an Austin Maestro, or rather one of the late Bulgarian-built ones which were re-imported because they didn't sell in Bulgaria :laugh:

Looking at the prices astonished me: up to £4k for something that was awful when new.

Campag Ekar, £226, 'avin a laff?

A friend of mine once raced a Montego... :whistle:
on his trike and beat it?

Worked with a fella years back who acquired an MG Montego. He would proudly point out all the MG logos inside and outside the car.
There was no convincing him that any link with Morris Garages was tenuous in the extreme :laugh:
In fairness, I heard Montegos were very well put together. Get one, and you had a car for life....................no one would buy it from you.

Alex321

Veteran
In fairness, I heard Montegos were very well put together. Get one, and you had a car for life....................no one would buy it from you.
Somebody actually stole ours!

Took it down to the West Country where they went on a robbery spree, then burnt out the clutch, so dumped it and stole something else - rather more conspicuous, so they got caught with that.

They went to prison for a few years, I had to go down to Yeovil to collect the Montego, after paying to have the clutch replaced.

Top Bottom