The Hutch of BBC news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The media don't like cycling, full stop.

It doesn't fit with their 'consumerist' got-to-buy-a-new-car social mantra.

Oh, and they also don't like it because of the success, as it makes football, rugby, tennis et al, (that the English/British are so good at) look like the second rate sports they are.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Commenting on how Sky is dominating the TDF, pity they had to go down the drugs route .
They go down the drugs route because the history of the sport is riddled with it. The guy who won in 2006 was stripped of his title for testing positive and the rider who won the previous seven tours has been charged with the same offence and might have the lot taken away from him.

It is right that the media openly scrutinise every performance, a pain for the riders who are genuinely clean but we all know where decades of burying our heads in the sand led us.

TVC

I was amazed watching the BBC news today to find there is a new sport called road cycling. Apparently there are a couple of 'Brits' who are quite good at it. They have proper organised races and everything. I'll keep watching this breaking news to see what I can learn.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They go down the drugs route because the history of the sport is riddled with it. The guy who won in 2006 was stripped of his title for testing positive and the rider who won the previous seven tours has been charged with the same offence and might have the lot taken away from him.

It is right that the media openly scrutinise every performance, a pain for the riders who are genuinely clean but we all know where decades of burying our heads in the sand led us.
Everything you say is true but surely they could have done some research and found out the facts about wiggo and Co without resorting to "OMG are they clean ".Then of course the average person watching this would not ..
Know who the Hutch is
Only care that time talking about footie is wasted on some cycling

So the beeb need to spice it up a bit.

Top Bottom