The I Must Think Before I Bid Online Thread :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

Having just received my 12 water bottles and cages from an auction to accompany my 10 packets of lime green handlebar tape;
IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG
I am beginning to think that I should consider what I bid on.:laugh:

So who can trump these stupid buys?

It's not all bad though, I have stuck 5 packs of tape and 6 bottles and cages in the local pub with a £5(cage)/£10 (tape) donate to Sooty (RNIB collection tin) price tag, let's see what happens.

Bye

Ian
[edit: It is really lime, my phone camera interprets it this way but it is overcast and has just stopped raining;
IMG_1991[1].JPG

Last edited:

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Buying on line and alcahol don't mix. A couple of years ago I needed a new helmet and ordered one after a session with a bottle of malt. I finished up with 3:wacko:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Buying on line and alcahol don't mix.

Nor does buying online and morphine. After my 2017 operation, or rather after the operation and 9 weeks of being laid flat, I asked SWMBO what all the parcels were.

Apparently I'd bought multiple new helmets, including a TT helmet. I remembered thinking "I need a new helmet" before going into the operation and must have simply woken up, bought one, forgotten, been dosed with morphine, back to sleep, and repeat.

Oh, and this was bought on eBay without alcohol. Good fun, until it broke, and it confirmed I wanted a decent cabriolet.

4p4w10n-jpg.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I don't have a photo, fortunately, but why on Earth would I ever need a cravat?

Good afternoon,

Well that's me sorted for locks, but at only £51 in total I think that I can be forgiven:smile:
IMG_2027.JPG
7 (seven locks), 4 (typically £30-£50, Sold Secure Diamond) not too easy to break and 3 (typically £15-£20) easy for someone only slightly serious, shame I only have two bikes.

There are of course many being flipped on ebay so the ebay prices are lower.
1698497843169.png

1698497897898.png

Bye

Ian

p.s. @DCLane's Volant would look great with Lime Green tape https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/genesis-volant-30-56cm-shimano-105-20-speed-£250-dewsbury-west-yorkshire.294707/

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Good afternoon,

Well that's me sorted for locks, but at only £51 in total I think that I can be forgiven:smile:
View attachment 711518
7 (seven locks), 4 (typically £30-£50, Sold Secure Diamond) not too easy to break and 3 (typically £15-£20) easy for someone only slightly serious, shame I only have two bikes.

There are of course many being flipped on ebay so the ebay prices are lower.
View attachment 711519

View attachment 711520
Bye

Ian

p.s. @DCLane's Volant would look great with Lime Green tape https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/genesis-volant-30-56cm-shimano-105-20-speed-£250-dewsbury-west-yorkshire.294707/

Have a Magnum, sans wire thingie.
Gas the importer gone bust?
Anyway adds nearly 20% to the weight of my bike.

Top Bottom