The influence of urban design on the use of cycle in cities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ClaireBCU

Hello everyone,
I am a student in landscape architecture and I am doing a research on the influence on landscape and urban design on the use of cycle and how we can improve the cycle network and urban context to increase bike trips. I have done a survey and if you have few minutes to fill it, it would be a great help for my research.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XHBQ695

Thank you very much, and if you have something to say regarding this topic please let me know.

Claire

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Looks like your survey is only for people who commute in cities - is that correct?
Neither applies to me - I don't commute at all, and I don't live in a city, so can't help.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've answered the questions ... but nothing other than working extra days would get me to be able to increase the number of days I commute by bike and I prefer the days off!

I don't cycle that often but prefer cycling along the country lanes. My town has put in some cycle lanes and sections of the road marked for cyclists which I have to use to get to the country lanes.
The Council has decided to use cyclist's as a mobile traffic calming measure, but actually infuriates motorists. The police hair brained idea in Wiltshire is to allow road markings to disappear so making drivers drive more cautiously. Today I nearly became one of their statistics as a motorist overtook me really close. It was later on whilst driving along the same section of road that I noticed other motorists driving with a wheel in the cycle lane. The reason for this is the line down the centre of the road hasn't been replaced and motorist's do not have a reference point for the centre of the road and so hug the cycle lane.

Top Bottom