the kirsty wark convergence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
redcogs said:
Kirst is yummy.. but don't overlook the delights of the other Kirst - Young of Desert Island Discs.

imagine being marooned with either or both....:smile::headshake:

Would agree. I would only need Ms. Young to talk to me. It wouldn't even need to be smutty. She can talk about inflationery pressures, economic downturns and Gross Domestic Product and it would do the trick.........

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
kyuss said:
Sinewey limbs? Bingo wings more like. I just watched it expecting to see a bit of leg and was thoroughly disappointed.
Emily Maitlis is your girl if you're looking for legs... absolutely fabulous, she likes to show 'em off too.:headshake:

Greedo

her fake posh Glasgow accent grates on me sooo bad I have to turn it over the min I see her.

I'd rather listen to foxes calling each other while running their claws down a blackboard and rubbing pieces of polystyrene together!!

simoncc

Her bust has gone from interestingly big to matronly. Now that she's not pretty enough to goggle at she should be got rid off. We should get young pretty women TV presenters for our money, not old hags. Any 20yr year old beauty could spout the rubbish required of Wark and her fellow Newsnight presenters.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Abitrary said:
Am I getting old or is kirsty wark from newsnight just moltenly hot? She was wearing a LBD (little black dress) tonight.

might I interest you in a CTC membership?

There's a problem with Kirsty Wark. She crossed the line

Even those sympathetic to Wark within the BBC glumly admit that she has allowed herself to be tainted in recent years. In addition to her company being given the contract to produce the parliament programme, in 1998 Wark also sat on the panel which selected both architect Enric Miralles and his controversial design for the new building. The justification for her being chosen for the panel was that she had an interest in architecture, although she was also a close friend of Donald Dewar, the then Labour Scottish Secretary.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.co.../Storm-still-gathering-around-Wark.2606596.jp

The selection of Miralles turned out to be the dumbest thing of all time. The building went from £40M to £450M (which, as cost overruns go, is fairly spectacular), and, however charming you think the exterior, the interior just plain crap. To cap it all, the company she jointly owns with her husband made a whopping profit on a documentary about the building, even as the documentary went way over budget - and then refused to hand over the footage to the Inquiry into the cost overrun on the building.

Of course, a mere £400M overspend is nothing to the money being thrown at the banks, but it's still about eighty quid a man woman and child in Scotland.

On a lighter note, Ms Wark is a supporter of the Girl Guides. If the LBD gets you going, I can scarcely imagine what a girl guide uniform will do for you........

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
dellzeqq said:
however charming you think the exterior, the interior just plain crap

I beg to differ. The interior is fascinating and far more interesting than the exterior. I like the building a lot, whatever it cost.

Declaration: know several very nice and talented people who used to work for his studio in Barcelona... :biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
might I interest you in a CTC membership?

There's a problem with Kirsty Wark. She crossed the line

Even those sympathetic to Wark within the BBC glumly admit that she has allowed herself to be tainted in recent years.
I am not sure that either of your examples demonstrate that she has crossed the line or become tainted.

I agree with FM, the design of the Scottish Parliament building is pretty good, the problem is that they got the costs hopelessly wrong. But I don't think it's fair to blame that on Kirsty.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have to say that I've reviewed the evidence in these posts, and whilst no Barrister, I think Ms Wark deserves a damn good spanking.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

After the LBD (little black dress) of last night, she was wearing a similar thing tonight but with a white collar??? to make her look like a nun?

Anyway, I had a glass of red wine - to combat free radicals - last night and I don't actually fancy her very much more today.

Top Bottom