The Little People. A Brave New World.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All these pictures are like magic come to life - The Borrowers, anyone?

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Now that is genius! (but why are the smooching couple there? Were they just under-utilised and insisted on getting into a shoot??)
Thanks everyone.
'matticus' you 'nailed' it I guess, no real reason for the smooching couple being there, I need to learn 'less is more'

Thanks for contributing. :hello:

Where do these delightful little people come from - where can I get a 'selection' - with animals, too? I fancy making a little diorama in a spare, very deep, picture frame I have. Don't mind painting my own, it'll keep me out of mischief!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thanks everyone.
'matticus' you 'nailed' it I guess, no real reason for the smooching couple being there, I need to learn 'less is more'

Thanks for contributing. :hello:
You may not have had any reason for the couple but they are are the only ones for whom the gaze isn't mediated by the camera. As such they stand apart. (I'd leave them there!)

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Where do these delightful little people come from - where can I get a 'selection' - with animals, too? I fancy making a little diorama in a spare, very deep, picture frame I have. Don't mind painting my own, it'll keep me out of mischief!

The figures I use are 1/87 scale or HO which I understand is a European scale. The UK equivalent is OO scale this is largely interchangeable with HO, especially in model railway stops.
N:B There are numerous different scales.
Search eBay / Amazon etc for Preiser or Noch (both German)
Preiser ( the best) imo = most expensive = biggest range. Noch, not far behind Preiser. There are any amount of cheaper (Chinese) figures, I have stayed away from these so have little experience. Preiser and Noch have huge ranges but are very limited here in the UK, maybe it's the pandemic ?
Hope this helps ?

The figures I use are 1/87 scale or HO which I understand is a European scale. The UK equivalent is OO scale this is largely interchangeable with HO, especially in model railway stops.
N:B There are numerous different scales.
Search eBay / Amazon etc for Preiser or Noch (both German)
Preiser ( the best) imo = most expensive = biggest range. Noch, not far behind Preiser. There are any amount of cheaper (Chinese) figures, I have stayed away from these so have little experience. Preiser and Noch have huge ranges but are very limited here in the UK, maybe it's the pandemic ?
Hope this helps ?
Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Are you getting bored yet ?

Here are 3 more:

Make America Great Again.

P1001912_MAGA_1-XL.jpg

Those of you of 'a certain vintage' may remember the Egg Marketing Board's promotion:- . . .

Go to Work on an Egg.

P1001925_Egg_1-XL.jpg

Walking on the Greens.

P1001848_Walking%20on%20the%20greens_1-XL.jpg

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
More from me,

N:B I do not use Photoshop etc to 'add' content. The scenes are all taken 'as seen' usually with the aid of a tripod and the 10 sec timer on my camera. Sometimes I print a different backdrop, (as in At the Hop / Down in the Forest) I do use Photoshop to 'tweak' the final image, i,e sharpen the picture or maybe enhance the colours. I have no objection to Photoshop added / or removed content in images but (imo) it should be stated.

Shark FIn soup.

P1001972_Shark%20fin%20soup_1-XL.jpg

At the Hop !

P1002059_At%20the%20Hop_1-XL.jpg

Down in the Forest.

P1002015_Pencil_1-XL.jpg

Top Bottom