The Little People. A Brave New World.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I like these, they're brilliant.

These are fabulous! I adore the blokes climbing up the piece of cake - how many times have I heard people say, after a laborious ascent of a Peak or Lake District hill, 'Oh it was a piece of cake really!'
Actually I had to look twice before I realised it was a piece of cake.
They say 'every picture tells a story' - there are many, many stories that can be told around each of these pictures. I've always been more of a words person than an illustration person - I get very vivid pictures in my mind when I read or hear a well-told story - well now I'm getting stories in my mind from these utterly delightful pictures!

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
These are fabulous! I adore the blokes climbing up the piece of cake - how many times have I heard people say, after a laborious ascent of a Peak or Lake District hill, 'Oh it was a piece of cake really!'
Actually I had to look twice before I realised it was a piece of cake.
They say 'every picture tells a story' - there are many, many stories that can be told around each of these pictures. I've always been more of a words person than an illustration person - I get very vivid pictures in my mind when I read or hear a well-told story - well now I'm getting stories in my mind from these utterly delightful pictures!

Thanks 'KnittyNorah' Yes, a real piece of cake, actually 'un-iced' (no such word) Xmas cake baked for us by my daughter. After completing this photograph I got to eat the cake. Win, win I reckon.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
very good, i haven't heard the term "scaleyback" for years, since I was at school, where it was a lighthearted insult traded with "farmyacker"!
where do you hail from?

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
very good, i haven't heard the term "scaleyback" for years, since I was at school, where it was a lighthearted insult traded with "farmyacker"!
where do you hail from?

'Scaleyback' in my context refers to my term served in the Armed forces, Royal Corps of Signals. The name allegedly comes from WW2 radio operators who would have a scale-like skin on their backs due to the leaking battery acid from the primitive radio battery packs of the day.
My service doesn't date back to WW2 but in the 60's and 70's Nowadays Royals Signals personnel tend to be know as 'Bleeps' which reflects
the more modern methods of communications.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Ok guys, as this is a cycling forum here are a couple of photo's that I hope you like ?

Tour-de-Toblerone.

P1001865_Tour-de-Toblerone_1-XL.jpg

Riding the Tube.

P1001939_Riding%20the%20tube_1-XL.jpg

Top Bottom