The Lost and Found Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grendel

Veteran
I was looking for somewhere to say that I have a found bike and saw there wasn't a Lost and Found section. I didn't think stolen was an appropriate place to put this so I thought I'd create a lost and found thread.

Anyway, I have been given a Cresswell Micro by someone who found it abandoned. Please PM me if you think it may be yours, with a description of any distinguishing feature on this particular bike, and where it may have been lost.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
If its bike shaped and has round wheels it might be mine

OP
OP
Grendel

Grendel

Veteran
Just to update on my original post, I had a chat with the fellow who gave me it. Turns out it was lost- about 15 YEARS ago! A friend of his bought it from a sale of unclaimed property and it sat in his shed, before passing it on to him. He in turn has passed it on to me. Mystery solved.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just to update on my original post, I had a chat with the fellow who gave me it. Turns out it was lost- about 15 YEARS ago! A friend of his bought it from a sale of unclaimed property and it sat in his shed, before passing it on to him. He in turn has passed it on to me. Mystery solved.
I found a bike locally and then found that there wasn't an appropriate place here so I stuck it in the Lost bit. Anyhow, using bike register, I managed to get the bike back to the owner. How on earth did you manage to unravel your found bike's history?

OP
OP
Grendel

Grendel

Veteran
I've only unravelled a short bit. Who owned it before it became lost property is still unknown.

I've taken possession of it to save it from the skip. I'm moving house soon, hopefully after I'm all settled I can get it fixed up.

Top Bottom