The Lynx advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul99

Über Member
[QUOTE 3180447, member: 76"]You know the one, with 'One is the loneliest number' as the soundtrack, it is often shown in the ITV 4 TdF coverage. Anyway, the first story is obviously Pompeii and Vesuvius, the second one is clearly the Wild West, the 4th one is the Titanic, the 5th is WW2, the 6th is the 60s US anti-war demo..... but what on earth does the 3rd one represent, as far as I can see it's just a Victorian chap walking along the street, but he is going against the flow and looking very worried! Have I missed something in that little storyline? It is driving me mad![/QUOTE]
Something to do with Jack the Ripper? I'll look at in in more detail next time if I can tear my eyes away from the lady protagonist...

tyred

Legendary Member
I remember a Lynx advertisement where a man had women tripping over themselves to get to him after he used Lynx.

They lied:cry:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Sorry BSRU, meant Maggot's one!
... even as a spotty youth I wasn't swayed by Old Spice's claims of sexual desirability in a bottle.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Brut33 laughs in the face of lynx, but tips its cap in respect to old spice.
Hai Karate?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECvWJadIKNY

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I think that the Victorian scene is supposed to convey Jack the Ripper, not sure though as he killed women.

At Christmas time, I got stopped by a Lynx sales woman offering samples out at the shopping centre. I just told her "no thanks, my husband is straight". She looked a bit bemused. Hubster mutters something about "Lynx, the smell of desperation" when the ad comes on.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
They could save loads of money on their ads by simply having a 'talking head' shot of a beautiful young woman saying "Hey, teenage boys! Spray Lynx all over yourself and your clothes, and there's just a chance that someone like me might give you a snog".
That's who buys it, and for that reason. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom