The Macc Monster Returns! – 13/04/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I thought the title of this thread was a typo for MACB monster of CC

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Hi Tigger,

I think I might do another re-draft just to make sure no one is confused!
The route will be fully signed with bright orange correx so none of you should get lost.

We'll even have volunteers on the route making sure you go the right way at tricky roundabouts!

We have over 130 people taking part in The Macc Monster so far!

If you haven't signed up yet, there's still plenty of time to do so! We're taking entries on the day but only if people bring the exact money or cheque.

We're hoping to hit 200 cyclists all helping to raise vital funds for our vital childhood cancer research

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Sorry to labour the point, but can you confirm this is the route?

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=313058

I think the confusion stems from, and it got me when I did it, the map on the front of the website and the reference to Mow Cop. I think that was in the Peak 100 which was organised by these guys as well and the map and lists of climbs was transferred between the two websites. When I did The Monster it did not include Mow Cop and folllowed the GPX route. The signage was very clear though so little or no chance of getting lost on the day. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Hi again,

If it helps, due to the difficulty in signing part of the PEAK 100 route, we're no longer doing it. It became too risky for our cyclists so we've stuck to The Macc Monster and introduced The Manchester to Chester - which aside from anything else, is a lot more approachable for cyclists who are put off by the 100 mile routes. Plus it's very flat - well, very flat when you compare it to The Macc Monster!

gazmyers

Looking forward to this ride I know it will be painful,which hill do think is the worst? IS THE MOW COP THAT BAD 25% SOUNDS HELL

dave2041

Completed this yesterday... great ride and very well organised, although i did get lost once but my own fault for not looking for the signs! Hardest climb i've ever done was during this ride, (a big loooong one before cat'n'fiddle i believe) Started with a steep section which i foolishly put the hammer down for, then a long ascent of 8-14%!

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Thank you to everyone who took part in The Macc Monster!
We had over 280 people sign up!

We're really grateful to everyone who came along on the day.
You have all helped to raise vital funds to support KidsCan's childhood cancer research.

The event has so far raised over £5000!
Thank you all for your support.

Thank you all again for taking part in The Macc Monster. By taking part you have helped to make a difference to the lives of children with cancer.

If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you get your copy of “Star Bites” by clicking here!
Star Bites is our celebrity recipe book designed by our patron, nutritionist Jeannette Jackson. It’s only £1 and you get 10 amazing – and healthy – recipes, that could help you get ready for your next ride!

Top Bottom