The Macc Monster - Sunday 30th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KidsCan

Regular
The Macc Monster - Sunday 30th September

The end of season cycle sportive in aid of KidsCan returns!

It’s time to put The Macc Monster in your calendar – Sunday 30th September!

As ever we ask The Macc Monster is only £20 to take part.
Proceeds from the cycle will go towards funding KidsCan’s vital research into childhood cancers.

The start/finish point is now at Hurdsfield Primary School and Children’s Centre.
Take a look at the route on BikeRouteToaster
It’s very close to our old start point so the route hasn’t been altered that much.

The route is still 100 kilometres around the Peak District with very little flat land, with a number of challenging climbs. The route takes in the counties of Derbyshire, Cheshire and Staffordshire as you experience climbs totalling over 7000ft!

Rest assured, your reward for completing the event awaits you in the catering van!

The Macc Monster website is undergoing a bit of redecorating at the moment but you can still sign up by visiting http://tinyurl.com/MaccMonster

If you have any questions about the event, please get in touch

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Those with bad eye sight need not apply?

I have to say I'm not sure why that happened!
I'll change the size of that if I can!

Unfortunately, it won't let me edit it.
Sorry about that!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I did the Macc Monster last year. Good organisation, bloomin hilly and for a damn good cause, not the organisers back pocket. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
I did the Macc Monster last year. Good organisation, bloomin hilly and for a damn good cause, not the organisers back pocket. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
We've had to change the start/finish point but it's not far from the original.
Burger van at the end still!

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Are Peak Cycles still involved?

They helped us set up the event but as time has passed they have taken a step back as they have other activities and projects they want to deal with.
Their shop in Macclesfield is their main concern as it's a much bigger unit than their old on and they want to make it a success.
As you can imagine we want them to succeed too so with that in mind, if you're in Macc and have any bike related issues, nip in to Peak Cyclesport on Pickford Street and I'm sure Andy and the team will be able to help.

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far.
We're in double figures but we've got a long way to go yet!

The good news for those of you coming from further afield is that there will be plenty of parking available if you're coming by car.

If you're comnig via train, the start point is 2km from the station which is a bonus for anyone wanting a rest after cycling 100km!

Is entry available on the day?

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
It certainly is.
We do like people to sign up before hand as it makes it easier for us to plan the catering but on the day is ok.
If you let us know you might be taking part that would be very helpeful too.

It certainly is.
We do like people to sign up before hand as it makes it easier for us to plan the catering but on the day is ok.
If you let us know you might be taking part that would be very helpeful too.
It is a bit of a trek for me to get there which I don't mind if the weather is nice but if it is percipitating it down........

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
Well we've had very good luck with weather so far if that's anything to go by!

Fingers crossed we'll be ok again this year!
Hope to see you there :smile:

OP
OP
K

KidsCan

Regular
If you are on Twitter and want to keep up to date with all of KidsCan’s challenges you can join us by following @KidsCan_UK

Both of our cycle sportives have a dedicated Twitter Feed too - @MaccMonster for Macc Monster and @PEAK_100 for our April Sportive

Thank you for your support!

Top Bottom