The Maiden Voyage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So it was dry and windy this morning, but never the less the new bike needed christening.

so on with the lycra and road shoe's and off we went on a 20 mile round trip to the rents. The bike feel's amazing compared to my ( not so old, 12mths) raliegh sprint.

The handling even at 48mph down the heads of the valleys between brynmawr and abergavenny was rock solid and precise. It rolled over the fresh tarmac'd road with ease as the i pedalled through the gears on the decent.The 1000ft climb home was also easier, even in the middle 42 chain ring, it,climbed with ease.

Gear changes were precise and slick even with the shimano 2300's, the back was comfortable, soaking up any bumps and the acceleration was qiucker and easier.

It may have only been 20 miles, but it was the best 20mile feeling i have ever had. :wahhey:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Was the wind behind you all the way then?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Was the wind behind you all the way then?
no - the 48mph was my top speed going down the descent, the road is about 3miles long and drops about 800ft over the stretch, its just been freshly tarmac'd and is super smooth

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Nice one, glad all went well. :highfive:
it did go well - but there was a slight rubbing at the back somewhere while climbing a steep section, but nothing on the flat or a slight incline........not sure whether i picked up some muck etc or it was the wheels flexing and rubbing the pads

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Ive been meaning to do the heads of the valleys to brynmawr then up to ebbw vale but never got round to it! My uncle and grandparents live that way! Enjoy the bike, im sure you can hit 50 down there!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

it did go well - but there was a slight rubbing at the back somewhere while climbing a steep section, but nothing on the flat or a slight incline........not sure whether i picked up some muck etc or it was the wheels flexing and rubbing the pads
Were you standing up climbing on the steep section and sitting down on the flatter sections, if so it was probably slight frame flex a lot of bikes are like that IME.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Were you standing up climbing on the steep section and sitting down on the flatter sections, if so it was probably slight frame flex a lot of bikes are like that IME.
No i was sat down on both sections - think i picked up some muck going through some water and crap that was flowing down the climb.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Ive been meaning to do the heads of the valleys to brynmawr then up to ebbw vale but never got round to it! My uncle and grandparents live that way! Enjoy the bike, im sure you can hit 50 down there!

It was very windy so was just happy letting the bike do its thing without pushing for more speed

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Just checked my gps for todays ride and top speed was 49.91mph

Top Bottom