The Miracle that is drafting!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
If you're really desperate to risk life and limb, why not ride a recumbent. We don't need to draft to get the benefits :biggrin:
Of course, we also bring huge compromises to appearance, style, and grace, but if you've got a face that looks like the back of a bus (and you will have) that won't be a problem :smile:

That said, I used to draft on uprights. It is wildly grin inducing.

515mm

A drafting thread and no Lardyboy?

WHERE ARE YOU LARDS?

YOU F4CKING LOVE THIS, YOU DO!

he does an all. Once drafted a Tesco lorry for three miles on the way into work. A neat 25mph all the way including a tasty hill, all on a singlespeed. His little legs must've been a blur!:smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I love it. Buses mostly, the occasional van or lorry. The only dodgy bit is when they're slowing down and you have to glance back to make sure it's safe to overtake....if they slam on the brakes at that moment, definitely pant-filling time when you look back...

Adrian_K

Über Member
You need to be far enough back to see the 'Bus Stopping' light behind the driver and spot the next next stop.

skudupnorth said:
Buses are good ! Just have to listen to the engine note change before they pull in to the stop or it might hurt :smile:

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

yep, once again the "un-nescacessary" discs came in useful, was drafting a sports car (soooo satisfying btw, he gave me such an evil look) and looked behind me, turned back around and he was putting the brakes on.... (even though he didn't need to of course)

Top Bottom